Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which shocks should I get for my VF Redline?

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
koni_FSD_eibach_prokit_syst_440px.jpg

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
well i just picked up the car from having the Koni FSD'S fitted with the existing Eibach springs. all i can say is WINNER! Absolutely Brillant. changed the car completely. could tell the difference as soon as i drove out of the workshop. my suspension guy said the best commodore combo he has ever driven for a street car. i would do it again in a heartbeat. much more planted,tighter but no harshness at all.
cheers
warrick

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
well i just picked up the car from having the Koni FSD'S fitted with the existing Eibach springs. all i can say is WINNER! Absolutely Brillant. changed the car completely. could tell the difference as soon as i drove out of the workshop. my suspension guy said the best commodore combo he has ever driven for a street car. i would do it again in a heartbeat. much more planted,tighter but no harshness at all.
cheers
warrick
How did your suspension guy counter the extra lowering in the rear from using Koni shocks?

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
yeah we talked about that, and we measured the old and new shocks and the difference was only barely 1 mm,so i decided i could live with that. seems fine and basicly the same height as before. heights are 350mm rear and 370mm front.
cheers

Last edited:

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
yeah we talked about that, and we measured the old and new shocks and the difference was only barely 1 mm,so i decided i could live with that. seems fine and basicly the same height as before. heights are 350mm rear and 370mm front.
cheers
They must have changed the design. The difference was around 20mm. Would be interesting to see some pictures of your rear shocks.