Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which speaker wires are positive and negative from loom

GK813

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Hi all, I have replaced the wiring from the loom in my VS sedan for my stereo head unit as I cut it very close to the loom thinking I would part out the car and keep the commodore wire connector but now I'm going to sell it so I need to get the colours for the speakers connected properly, I know where all the coloured wires go except for the speakers because in my Haynes commodore and Toyota Lexcen book it does not say which speaker wire is positive and negative, so I need to know about the wires below:

Front left speaker:
Grey
Light Brown

Front Right speaker:
Green
Light Green

Rear Left speaker:
Yellow + Blue
Brown + Black

Rear Right speaker:
Blue + Orange
Blue + Black

Also the book says that:

Yellow = Fuse no. 13
Brown and White = Fuse no. 16
Orange and Purple = Fuse no. 7

Is yellow always "on" from the 12 volt battery and which is the "accessories" from the ignition I can use my multimeter but thought I'de ask first because I would have to do a battery swap to test these

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The blue/brown with black with the rear speakers and the fronts light green and brown

The rest I'm unsure

GK813

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Thanks Lex for the text file I'll give those a go, I have never used more than speakers and power so I wont use the areal blue wires its not a powered areal but what is the "illumination" wire for, in my head units manual it says illumination is "to the instrument cluster illumination lead"

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Thanks Lex for the text file I'll give those a go, I have never used more than speakers and power so I wont use the areal blue wires its not a powered areal but what is the "illumination" wire for, in my head units manual it says illumination is "to the instrument cluster illumination lead"
When you hit the light switch, turns the back lights on the headunit.