Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which speakers + subs

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
i have a pioneer mp3 headunit in my vs commo, i have run all my cables now, all there is to do is to buy the right speakers and subs, im looking at 6" splits in the front and back like pioneer, but i just want to put some cheap subs and a box prob 2x 12" from jaycar, which amps are cheap and good to use for this setup??. would i be best to use 2 different amps for speakers and subs??

any ideas will help lol

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
honestly wouldnt bother with splits in the rear, after all you sit in the front! youd be better off spending on a sub. if you want pioneer, go pro series splits in the front, some cheaper 6"ers in the back,
id also recommend a jaycar 4x100w amp, with 2 channels going to the front splits and the other 2 bridged to power the sub (380w rms bridged aint tooooo bad! :yeah: )

Jeff T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
You're probably better off buying one decent sub than 2 cheap subs. Soundwise anyway.

What's your budget like?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
And of course, if you want best quality, Jeff...you know what I recommend don't you? LOL Jaycar for Amps AND Subs Can't go wrong. Quality and a good price.

M

mattjones757

i have pioneer 6x9's in the rear parcel shelf and a pioneer sub. through personal experience buy a decent sub, cheap ones sound **** and will prob blow up..

DUMPD_VP_CALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
i agree with trunk rattler, i have 2x15" subs and comp amp from jaycar, and its the best money ive spent. they sound awesome and are cheap as.

Cody

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator / HQ 5.0L Tonner
all depends on ur budjet, u cant go past fosgate subs, if u can find someone that stocks them.. alpine type r's are also nice..

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
crainy said:
i have a pioneer mp3 headunit in my vs commo, i have run all my cables now, all there is to do is to buy the right speakers and subs, im looking at 6" splits in the front and back like pioneer, but i just want to put some cheap subs and a box prob 2x 12" from jaycar, which amps are cheap and good to use for this setup??. would i be best to use 2 different amps for speakers and subs??

any ideas will help lol
Get ya self some Fusion Splitz, Jay car amp would be tho go or a Fusion. Run Splitz up the front off the amp and ur sub, nice set of 6 x 9's off another 2ch or deck for now would be tho go.... Fusion are very much a good brand for there amps and speakers, Sub wise its ur choice XPLOD,DLS,JBL,Rockford Fosquate, Pioneer, Kenwood,Alpine, Cheapy brands. Spend the money on a decent sub and amp and it will last you. :) My Pioneer sub and German Weconic 4ch amp has lasted me for over 2yrs and still going hard!

T

Truk22

if you are on a budget, check out the jl audio W0 series, the subs themselves are kinda pricey however they are really efficient only needing around 125wrms, so u will save a lot of money on the amp, which is normally the most expensive part anyways for a cheaper system. so if u do get the response little 4 channel amp and brigde one channel for the sub, go pick yourself up a w0 and ported box package from jb and it will hit nice and hard.

Truk22

Rmyers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EA falcon
I agree with truk22 regarding the JLw0 subs. They are some of the best bang for buck subs you can get IMO, or if you wanna spend a little more you can get the w3 series, you wont be dissapointed. I've had both types in my car at some stage and they definately put some other subs of the same price range to shame.
As for front splits, nothing compares to the hertz series when it comes to value for money. We installed a set of these into my mates car (running off an audison LRx) and the midbass these things were putting out was phenomenal (considering it's a $300 set of splits). Kinda made me regret spending so much on my front splits :p.
And don't bother with splits in the rear, just a good set of co-axils will do, as they are only there to shut you mates in the back up....