Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which subwoofer would be better?

anon3130

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina
I’m stuck between two subwoofers to buy for my partners vn - the pioneer TS-WX1210A (12”) or the Kicker 44KKP210 Sub and Amp Combo (10”) i’m assuming the pioneer is better value because it is 12” and cheaper than the kicker one ?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I suggest that this is not the sort of present you should purchase for your partner without discussing it with him/her first.

H

harrop.senator

The pioneer is double the output of the kicker but may not want need all the power.

I'd measure up the section under the parcel tray behind the seat and buy what ever one fits in there nicely so you don't lose boot space.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
Not sure if you've chosen one yet but also keep in mind what music they listen too and the type of Box the sub will be going into. If they enjoy more slower but bass orientated song then a ported box will be good but if they enjoy a mix and dont want it to be too overwhelming probably want to look at a sealed box. There's a little more to it then that but its a quick idea and worth proper research on

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Not sure if you've chosen one yet but also keep in mind what music they listen too and the type of Box the sub will be going into. If they enjoy more slower but bass orientated song then a ported box will be good but if they enjoy a mix and dont want it to be too overwhelming probably want to look at a sealed box. There's a little more to it then that but its a quick idea and worth proper research on
I used to run a sealed box with 2 x 10 inch subs which worked good for the type of music I would listen too (mostly rock music). Nowadays I just use the factory setup in my VEs as it’s not that bad.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
??? Wow, yours must have been better than mine.
I think the SSV gets a better stereo setup than the SS with a small amp in the boot. The SSV stereo certainly sounds better than my SV6 stereo which is the same spec as an SS would be.

I never was entirely satisfied with the SV6 stereo but never bothered to spend the money to make it better.

Also yours is a Ute so it’s missing half the speakers from the outset.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The biggest improvement that can be made to the stocker is to disconnect the centre dash speaker, as well as winding the treble right back and upping the bass as much as it will go. SSV I believe yes had a slightly better one.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
The biggest improvement that can be made to the stocker is to disconnect the centre dash speaker, as well as winding the treble right back and upping the bass as much as it will go. SSV I believe yes had a slightly better one.
I’ve heard disconnecting the centre speaker is supposed to improve it, not that I’ve bothered with it.

Would like to get the Aeropro setup so I can have an aftermarket head unit with Bluetooth audio. Its not very high on my priority list though.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I’ve heard disconnecting the centre speaker is supposed to improve it, not that I’ve bothered with it.

Would like to get the Aeropro setup so I can have an aftermarket head unit with Bluetooth audio. Its not very high on my priority list though.

I disconnected it and the difference was huge. If you do pull the plugs you will need a trim tool. Start at the windscreen side when pulling it up.

Youtube video reckon it just pulls up by hand but that's not true. Much like a few Youtube vids I have seen that are providing incorrect info on how too's on the VE.... Saw a vid yesterday that says GM specified diff oil on VE LSD is Penrite 140......?