Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which switch?

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
hey everyone,

i wanna make an kill switch for my VS s1, i read all the threads about this subject and wondering what other circuits i can tap besides the starter/ pump
plus which circuits would require an on/off and which require an momentary on push switch.

i understand some people might not want to post because of crooks surfing thread sites, so feel free to PM me,

cheers:thumbsup:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The factory immobilizer cuts power to the fuel system so I would tap into something different.

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
this is what I've gathered so far, please correct me if I'm wrong,

for;
Ignition i could use a Momentary On switch (so turn key to start then push a button to start car)
same with the gear inhibitor
fuel pump would require an on/off switch since it needs a constant flow of power.

can anyone give me a schematic how i could use an Momentary On switch which then could connect to a relay or some component which then would supply constant power?
i know about electronics, just not 100% sure how i could achieve it.

and which wires in an VS auto is the gear inhibitor?
plus anyone know how many amps flow though the ignition because i got a dozen small 6 amp toggle switch which would be better then having a big 30amp one (which i also have:p)

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Us ethe cut-out wired into the auto trans selector. Remove the trim covering the trans selector, you'll sse the wires coming from a switch at the base of the selector. It's all go from there. Easy peasy.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
All this effort for a VS......

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
All this effort for a VS......

meh, i like my car, i want it to be safe, especially near the areas where i live which have high brake in rate
plus it was broken into a couple of times when i was kid, i think one guy once tried to hot wire it.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The factory immobilizer is time consuming to get around. A kill switch won't stop it getting broken into. It's your car, I understand that you want to keep it safe. Apologies for my earlier comment.