Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which throttle controller is best

tommytt22

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
Hi everyone

I haven't heard a single negative thing about throttle controllers so i thought why not, they're cheap lets do it. Problem is, theres a few options and i don't know whats better. I have a manual ve SV6 from 2011.

At the time of this post my main options are

- Stealth 4.0; $190
- Mace; $175
- iDrive; $299

I think stealth looks the best but they all sound pretty good. iDrive would have to be pretty special to pay nearly twice as much. Anyone have opinions? Also how do these work on cars that have been dyno tuned.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
I can only speak of the stealth 2.0. The stealth 3 or 4 maybe be different.

The stealth 2.0 gets power from the OBD2 port (Although they do sell a double obd2 port adapter) or you can hardwire it as it wouldnt be to hard, It only utilizes the power and ground.

I read the Mace gets its power else where? Maybe the Electronic Throttle where you have to plug these into?

So one difference there, is would you prefer to have something plugged into the OBD2 port 24/7 or have it free.

Have not tried the iDrive.

Doubt there will be much difference with how they work.

I hear the 4.0 has added security features but dont know what they are for. My 2.0 worked perfectly in my VE SV6 and E2 Clubsport.

If you like the look of the Stealth then I would definately go with that, no point having something on your Dash that you hate to look at lol

Last edited:

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE2 CALAISV/ VXSS/VP SENATOR #021, K4 GSXR600
Anybody got any updates on this? Itd be good to know whats good today as far as throttle controllers go...Have a llt v6 calais wago daily and looking to get rid of the dodgy fbw uncertainties...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Not sure which is best, but the Mace version works fine.

ZXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sportwagon
I have the Idrive and is amazing unit on a V8 though... highly recommend.

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6 Comm / 22 Ford Mustang 5.0l
I have a Stealth 4.0 which goes alright. I haven’t bothered using the security feature so won’t comment on that.

It uses the obd2 port and comes with a splitter if you need to install an obd2 reader or whatever.

The Mace one is hardwired I believe to the power circuit. I don’t know if there are any real differences between units tbh.

The Stealth let’s you also program 3 manual modes to set revs which might be useful if you tow stuff.

I find the eco mode is handy, the sports setting once you get over say 6 or 7 starts to get very responsive.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE2 CALAISV/ VXSS/VP SENATOR #021, K4 GSXR600
Dont they all just piggy back the acc pedal loom??