Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

New Posts Contact us

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which to get done first?????

totality

New Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
136
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
40
Location
Adelaide
Members Ride
VT Berlina wagon 5.0 litre
hey guys,
i have a VT 5 litre wagon.
Im getting a mod done this weekend and dont know which to do first.
its either between a SS induction or a twin 2 1/2" zaust.

which to get done first.
I was told get the zaust done first cuz the SS dont work properly unles it has a zaust aswell.
is this true??
 

totality

New Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
136
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
40
Location
Adelaide
Members Ride
VT Berlina wagon 5.0 litre
ive actualy decided on a single 2 1/2 inch exhaust but still dont knopw which to get first.
 

lorry

New Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Takanini, Auckland
Website
www.twobros.co.nz
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0L Commodore

totality

New Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
136
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
40
Location
Adelaide
Members Ride
VT Berlina wagon 5.0 litre
i just got the exhaust today.
got a single 2 1/2" and am getting a k&N tomorrow for $110.
i went and looked for a redline but they are $100 aswell so thought it would be better to go with the K&N for the extra 10 bucks.

The zaust sounds awsome........really beefy and has given me a little bit more takeoff.
 

RVN 355

New Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
2,611
Reaction score
17
Points
0
Age
35
Location
WEST SUBS
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
totality said:
i just got the exhaust today.
got a single 2 1/2" and am getting a k&N tomorrow for $110.
i went and looked for a redline but they are $100 aswell so thought it would be better to go with the K&N for the extra 10 bucks.

The zaust sounds awsome........really beefy and has given me a little bit more takeoff.
who did ur system? what did you pay for it?
 

[email protected]

300rwhp supra. yay.
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
998
Reaction score
9
Points
0
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Single 2 1/2 inch?

Surely that would still be restrictive on a 5 liter?
 

AirStrike

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
8,157
Reaction score
100
Points
48
Age
35
Location
Melbourne
Members Ride
91' VN SS
slundy said:
Single 2 1/2 inch?

Surely that would still be restrictive on a 5 liter?
Its boarder line. A single 2.5" exhaust will support up to 150rwkw, which is what a healthy basic bolt on car would have.
I run a twin 2.5" into single 3" on mine, soon to be changed to twin 2.5" all the way.
AirStrike :air:
 

[email protected]

300rwhp supra. yay.
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
998
Reaction score
9
Points
0
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
AirStrike said:
Its boarder line. A single 2.5" exhaust will support up to 150rwkw, which is what a healthy basic bolt on car would have.
I run a twin 2.5" into single 3" on mine, soon to be changed to twin 2.5" all the way.
AirStrike :air:
Ok, was just wondering cos I run a twin 2.5 inch on my 253 so i thought a single 2.5 on a 304 would be a bit restrictive but i suppose it depends on other mods aswell. Cheers.

Steve.
 

totality

New Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
136
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
40
Location
Adelaide
Members Ride
VT Berlina wagon 5.0 litre
i got my zaust done in salisbury exhaust plus.
They did a great job.
 
Top