Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which way does it goes?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hey guy's, i recently bought some new standard rear springs, some new spring insulators, and new panhard rubbers.

Now i'm a bit unsure on a few things,
firstly, with the insulators, does the thinner rubber go on the top, or the bottom?and
secondly, which way up does the spring go in, one side is more heavily coiled than the other?

And before anyone says something, no i cant just look when i pull the old ones out, because i had lowered springs without insulators in there before, so i wouldnt have a clue:thumbsup:

Oh yeah, do i have to drop anything down to do the panhard rubbers, or does the bar just undo?:thumbsup:

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Hey guy's, i recently bought some new standard rear springs, some new spring insulators, and new panhard rubbers.

Now i'm a bit unsure on a few things,
firstly, with the insulators, does the thinner rubber go on the top, or the bottom?and
secondly, which way up does the spring go in, one side is more heavily coiled than the other?

And before anyone says something, no i cant just look when i pull the old ones out, because i had lowered springs without insulators in there before, so i wouldnt have a clue:thumbsup:

Oh yeah, do i have to drop anything down to do the panhard rubbers, or does the bar just undo?:thumbsup:

Thinner insulator at the bottom, thicker coiled end of the spring at the bottom.

panhard rod just held on by a bolt either end, should be fairly easy to remove.