Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which Way: Front Or Back

menzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Omega
hey all just wondering which way is the best way to face 2 subs in the boot of a VR: Front or Back????

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
towards teh back is usually better for the sound of bass because it rebounds off the back of the boot and back into the cabin where as if it is the other way around its bouncing off the cabin and then into the boot so i believe

midnight.outlaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S series 2
They did a test in a magazine i read, they did all possible positions, fowards bacwards up side ways etc... they found that the sub firing towards the back of the car was best. It actually increased the sound by 2 or 3 Db.

Jason

menzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Omega
hey thanks guys i will be facing them back then.... already got the 2 subs but they are running on a really small amp so once my bigger amp comes in i will face them backwards and be a happy chappy

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Yeah l owuld have to agree. I have two 10" sony's in my boot, facing the front. With the middle seat down, they do sound REALLY nice (even better when l get the air holes into it) but with the seat up they sound muffled (as they aren't getting any air, and they're just echoing off the back seat. I usually drive round with 4 people in the car so its ok for me but l would recomend facing them towards the back. The advantage l have though is that with the seat down and the neon l'm putting IN my sub box, with every movement of the subs the light will shine through !!!