Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which wheels ?

Which wheels should I go with ?

• Shadow chrome HF20

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Baretta

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Black HF20

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • SS Redline

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I have the Redline wheels (duh it's a Redline) I love them. I also like genuine vs aftermarket.

voting do not change, but it's your car!

upload_2019-12-4_11-19-34.png

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Ron, you could go a clean and simple aftermarket wheel design, see here, just have the vaseline ready when discussing price :eek:
These are carbon fibre wheels & are made at Moolap in Australia. Moolap is down the road from Geelong.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I lookedd at HSV wheels but they all look too busy for my liking. I prefer simple design
I agree. The only HSV wheels I liked were the first gen F ones. (not so busy)
Can you put series 1 wheels on a series 2 car?

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Pretty sure only the black HF20’s had the option to be staggered as well.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Drop forged wheels allow thin and slender design options. Carbon fibre, being rather strong, also allows freedom to design some rather nice slender wheels.

Drop forged wheels cost more than cast wheels and have higher strength. Carbon fibre just raises the limits but haven’t asked how much :p

I’ve always liked the OEM polished silver redline wheels that were put on those cars going back some years. Know I know they were actually forged, so thanks for the heads up @Anthony121

I also must say that I prefer genuine OEM wheels, not because of aesthetics or resale but because they have higher quality control and I understand they are tested to higher standards.

I suspect that rather pricy high quality aftermarket wheels may be just as strong but cheap good looking wheels, probably not.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
These are carbon fibre wheels & are made at Moolap in Australia. Moolap is down the road from Geelong.

They're more expensive than HSV wheels!:D

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Can you put series 1 wheels on a series 2 car?

Yes. I have MY14 VF1 forged staggered Redline Rims on my VF2 Redline. I also own a set of MY15 Forged staggered Redline rims too (the ones that look very similar to VF2 Cast Redline rims).

Resized_20191130_172511.jpeg

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Yes. I have MY14 VF1 forged staggered Redline Rims on my VF2 Redline. I also own a set of MY15 Forged staggered Redline rims too (the ones that look very similar to VF2 Cast Redline rims).

View attachment 208122

I was considering those before I got S2 Redline wheels. I like them. They look great on your car

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Tbh i think the redline wheels on your car look great,on a light coloured car you need dark wheels for a bit of contrast,silver wheels on a white car disappear and can be boring.In saying that have you thought about walky wheels,they are awesome looking wheels and they come in the silver you are seeking,22s would look horn.
I wanted some black walky wheels for my red wagon but the ones i found on ebay are cheap copies:( and only have 12 months warranty,the original walky wheels have a lifetime warranty.