Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whine in back end

inwiththenew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8
my cousin has a vs ute and when sitting on a 100km/h there's a wine in the arse end when you back off the go peddle it 's not so loud but it's still there put ya foot down again it's loud as

i keep telling her it's the diff but won't believe me. so we've got a bet on please tell me it's the diff???????

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
lol most likely the diff, use thicker diff oil to dampen the sound

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
is it comming from one side more than the other?

it's definatly a whine? - if so yes diff,

If it's a scraping sort of sound then it's a wheel bearing.

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Its the carrier and pinion bearings. Not cheap to do. I had to unfortunatly pay a mechanic to do it. I supplied the parts which i got trade from Repco they were about $100. Labour was $350, did the rear wheel bearings at the same time.

clinster73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
inwiththenew said:
my cousin has a vs ute and when sitting on a 100km/h there's a wine in the arse end when you back off the go peddle it 's not so loud but it's still there put ya foot down again it's loud as

i keep telling her it's the diff but won't believe me. so we've got a bet on please tell me it's the diff???????

Let your Girlfriend back in side the vehicle!!:rofl:

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
clinster73 said:
Let your Girlfriend back in side the vehicle!!:rofl:
LMAO thats gold!!!!! i had the same problem with my vs ute dude it was that pinion bearing. so i got it fixed and got the girl friend outta the back so im still not sure which one it was ?lol, the reason why my pinion bearing stuffed up is because the bushes in the rear end of the ute were stuffed and all that movement put extra strain on the bearing so i got a nolathane kit put in as well not cheap but worth it.