Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whinge Time

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I still don't think some people can understand what I want to do.

Doesn't matter anyway. It will work out cheaper to wait until it gets here and then get it inspected and registered here. All I wanted to do was avoid that if I could.

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
We understand....

The way it works is for a car to be registered in a state it MUST be Garaged in that state regardless ....

so if the car is going to be garaged in WA, Then you CANNOT register it to NSW..

So the "dumb" RTA Chick was totally right the only person being thick was yourself

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I still don't think some people can understand what I want to do.

Doesn't matter anyway. It will work out cheaper to wait until it gets here and then get it inspected and registered here. All I wanted to do was avoid that if I could.

We understand, it's just that's not how the system works, and for a good reason.

If a car is registered, that essentially says it's allowed to be driven on the road. I'm sure you'd agree CTP is a good thing for a car on the road right? In your case you're saying "I want to register it (to save money when I ship it to WA), but because I'm not driving it in NSW, I don't want to pay for CTP in NSW" right?

Can you see how those two statements are mutually exclusive? Registration = Ok to drive, No CTP = not Ok to drive, thus they can't issue registration without CTP. They can't just take your word for it that the car won't be driven, if they did that people would inevitably abuse that trust.

It's unfortunate for you, but that's just how it is, and the RTA rep was correct in what they told you.