Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whining Noise

Brenah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
All good Rich, i knew this already about wd. I only used it on the 1 idler pulley to see if it made the noise stop. And it did... The car isn't going to be driven till i get a replacement on the weekend.

Wattles i'll be going to ABC Bearings, they should know the size. I'll let you know when i get it... Any bearings shop should have what im after.

Brenah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
Went to Holden today and just bought a new Idler pulley. $35 not to bad. Repco had it for $45... Did the change over dis arvo and problem solved.
I was just going to get the bearing but the pulley had a bit of wear so i got the whole thing.

BURK3Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series Ute
Hey all

Just hopped in my VZ alloytec ute about 30 mins ago and just had this happen to me.
The car has a whining sound and the more you rev it the more it wines and when i turn aswell it whines more and the steering feels slightly different but not a whole lot.

Could it be low power steering fluid or need a new power steering pump?

PS. I am not the best mechanically so bare with me lol

Any suggestions would be fantastic.

Cheers

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8

trev20876

Reaction score
realised this after i read through the post..... thanks for the heads up though ;)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
Know its an old post, but I haven't found anything else thats close. Having a similar problem, except the whining stops when under power or revs, and starts shortly after coasting or resting.