Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whining VT2 V8

Evereti

Ian Everett
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Calais V8
Hi
I have a VT2 Calais V8 with 97k on the clock.

I also have an annoying whine coming from somewhere, no kids in the back so it must be mechanical.

The symptom is a whine, bit like an "are we there yet" but monotone and worst at dead on 70k. At 70k, of course, the V8 is almost idling and the noise comes and goes as I gently touch the throttle, ie off the peddle no whine, gently touch the peddle - faint annoying whine.

Any ideas??

PS, would anyone know the correct right height measurement for the V8 model Calais. at nearly 100k, new shocks and springs might be on the cards.

Cheers:yeah:

nick3110

2.5" Catback
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S2
sounds like the noise i was having.. it slowly but surely gets worse, to the point of u don't have to touch the throttle for it to whine and at all speeds, only stopped when i broke.. very annoying

it turned out to be a wheel bearing.. now the question is which one :p..

easiest way to figure that out is to wind down the windows one after another, whichever one is making the noise loud is most likely the wheel that is causing the issue..

in saying all that i might be completely wrong, and it might be a diff whine..

go to ur mechanic and get them to take it for a spin, and see what they think of it.. if your mechanic is nice they'll do it for free :).. for the wheel bearing it cost me $280 to get it fixed pretty cheap for peace of mind :D.. a diff would be quite more than that..

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Pulley bearing? Diff whine?