Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whinning sound and viabration

myvq5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman 5ltr
hi there all i was wondering if anyone has had or would know what is causing a whinning sound and a viabration from the rear of my vq states man?? i have put new rims on calias internationalls and wheel spacer hubs that act as another hub with studs that bolt on to original hubs, as they were rubbing on the inner sway arms.. and its got me stuffed as to why im getting viabration when i hit about 80 kph but the weird thing is when i put it into the over drive gear it stops??? so if some1 could shed some light on this one i would be very gratefull:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
the only advise i can offer is for the sake of yourself and every other innocent road user, get rid of the spacers. they are not legal, they are dangerous for everyday road use.

myvq5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman 5ltr
there not spacers there hubs with studs m8

there not spacers there hubs with studs m8 and they are legal...thanks

myvq5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman 5ltr
not illegal

mate there not illegal it is a spacer with its own studs on it ,that go on the original hub like a normall wheel would, then your wheel gets mounted as normall onto that spacer hub on its studs m8...:bang: :bang: and can we get over the spacers i really need some advice on the subject i posted ...

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
could be a few things. tailshaft, gearbox, wheel bearing, or diff. because of the whining though i'd say probably diff or gearbox.

GLDNVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VQ STATESMAN 5.0
Yeah from what uve said man sounds like the bearings, mate had same problem, but no vibrations.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Sorry i thought i read "spacers on the hub" which would be illegal. i guess thats what makes the english language so beautiful yet so difficult.

myvq5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman 5ltr
viabration

the funny thing is the viabration stops when i put it into overdrive??? it only viabrates up to 80 kph in the normall drive position??

myvq5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman 5ltr
?

CAN SOM1 GIVE ME SOME ADVICE PLEASE IM DESPARATE :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: ..