Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whistle noise when accelerating/moving

joshyewahh

Lumpy VY-II SS! 335rwkw!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY-II SS 6spM
one prob iv had for about 5 days, is that when im driving, and accelerate, the car seems to whistle... im not sure if its engine related or something to do with wheels,brakes, or sumthing. but it whistles now as i drive along.
even if i put my foot on the clutch n push it in, it whistles for a sec then stops while i accelerate while driving. so like even when i disengage the gear with the clutch while traveling at say, 60km's, it whistles for a sec, then stops...
but yeh as i accelerate, even a LITTLE, like going 1-3kms in a car park, it does it...so im annoyed. does anyone know what it could be?????

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
you know where it is coming from engine bay maybe? does it do it when idling in the driveway?

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
just had this problem a long with a few others lol... clean your throttlebody and your intake. mine was full of carbon build up. now its clean i no longer have my fake turbo whistle lol

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
brake booster is the big balloon thing-ie attached to your master cylinder and your brake pedal on the other side. it gets vacuum from the engine to assist the brake piston... nevermind. it gets vacuum and sometimes one side or the other can leak and it wistles. it can go one of two ways, whistle while you brake or whistle while you are not braking and it can get stronger/softer depending on the vacuum in your engine.

just a suggestion.

joshyewahh

Lumpy VY-II SS! 335rwkw!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY-II SS 6spM
hmmm ok. on sat/sun im doing an oil change and coolant change. ill fiddle round and see if i can clean out the throttle body and intake. that was what i was thinking may have been doing it. it only started doing it like 1 week ago when i took the snorkle off my old stock air box. 1 day later it started whistling. then when i put my new CAI on, it got LOUDER... haha

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
It'll be your voltage regulator on your alternator.