Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

White Goo on radiator cap (VN V8)

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Ey guys was just checking my fluids as I do once a month, popped the radiator cap off to discover a thick white goo on the cap, and was also built up around the filler hole of the radiator. Checked the oil cap and the oil stick, and its not milky at all.

Now about 2 months ago now, a pressure test on the system was done and nothing was wrong. Also a compression test was carried out and again everything seemed fine. Now im guessing the white goo is oil and water mixing?

Car is running good besides a slight oil leak from the pump, water and oil levels seem normal. So im stumped!! any help is appreciated

Cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It's pretty rare for oil to get into the radiator without water in the oil as the cooling system pressure is a lot higher than the oil pressure. If you have put some stop leak in it, that could be it.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Yeah I did put that stuff in my radiator, but that would of been 3+ months ago. Will flush the system this weekend anyway and see how it is then.