Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

White Vp Senator 5000i No 24

hsvvp5i

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Senator 5000i
I've had it Dyno at Chiptorqued when I had the memcal re-programmed to suit the mods. The original 9-1 ratio flat top pistons , heads ported, & crane 276 cam result in 207.9 RWHP . I was told it was the best result they had for a 5 litre with auto transmission. - not sure how many RWKW it is 155-160 maybe ?

hsvvp5i

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Senator 5000i
Yep - the Senator 5000i didn't have the 268 cam like the VN SV 5000 did. But I have had it dyno in Std form when I brought the car many years ago. The red 200kw motor pulled 178 RWHP at a different place.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I've had it Dyno at Chiptorqued when I had the memcal re-programmed to suit the mods. The original 9-1 ratio flat top pistons , heads ported, & crane 276 cam result in 207.9 RWHP . I was told it was the best result they had for a 5 litre with auto transmission. - not sure how many RWKW it is 155-160 maybe ?

Yeah, 207.9hp is 155.1rwkw

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
There ya go I learnt something new. Thanks again mate :)

hsvvp5i

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Senator 5000i
Brought a set of front rotor disc's for my 5000i about four months ago. The disc are 329mm DBA vane type, with new brake pads made huge difference to the stopping power. The original 330mm disc were too worn down past the outer ridge flange. The wheel bearing are replaced & repacked with grease. Unsure if I should have the wheel rims painted to the original Hi Ho Silver paint code or just leave them polished. I Like to keep as much originality the car as possible, any thought's welcome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 698
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 780
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 921
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 940
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 683
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 628
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 612

Sokoza

Beep Beep
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 VP GTS
Check out hsvforum.com.au mate, they have alot of technical information for old HSV's like ours.

hsvvp5i

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Senator 5000i
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Just a short update to the small changes I've done to the Senator. Took the front bar off to place original Holden rubber pieces between spoiler & headlights. Next brought a NOS black 5000i decal of E-bay and placed it below right hand side tail light.
Next item on the list to bring the car back to looking the way it did in "92" is the engine covers original colour. Apparantly there is three colours for the Senator 5000i engine covers - Maroon , Orange, Red. Mine example has the Maroon colour, I don't know the colour code is,but still have original colour on small part of the engine, so a car paint shop can match it up perfectly.
Also the rims still need to be painted Hi Ho silver to finish the car off, so I can sell it in the future.
Here a photo of the engine cover colour that my car had originally from another Senator

specko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk injected v8. sv5000
Very nice example. I've always had a set spot for early senators. Vn & vp hsv's still look tough as

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Very nice

hsvvp5i

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Senator 5000i
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Brought a set of original front rotors for my 5000i model from EBay. HSV VP 327x28mm with ABS ring gear set, these disc was used on the 5000i & GTS models . The owner had them in storage for the last 20+ years out of there protective packaging, but had never used them. They have develope surface rust on them, but it was easy to remove (DBA019). I made the mistake of buying front rotors 15 years ago without the ABS ring gear set, so the ABS light would sometimes stay on ( ABS OFF) the instrument cluster. Happy that Iv'e got the original old school discs. Unsure of what the indentation holes on the hub are for one has three holes the other has five holes, maybe for balancing purposes.
Started to work on my engine bay to get it looking original again. Have original engine cover paint left on my breather hose ports, which I took to a car paint shop to have it match up perfect. When I brought the car back in 2000 it had original paint on the engine covers, but I decided to change the colour around 2003 to Monza red colour. The colour match paint I received from the paint shop is what I remember the engine covers being at that time when I brought the car.
The colour of the engine covers of the other Senator in the above picture does not appear original being a candy apple red colour. I'm sure all the colours for the Senator 5000i are solid semi gloss
Either Maroon, Red, orange
Also have changed the banana inlet manifold colour back to looking original.
Things have brought
New engine bay sticker decal kit
New coolant bottle
New clutch fan
Used plastic fan shroud
Haven't got it all back together yet