Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

White Vp Senator 5000i No 24

hsvvp5i

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Senator 5000i
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
So finally finished of my engine bay looking original, with a little flare thrown in for good measure.While I was at it decided to replace these items
Heater hoses
Brake booster vacuum hose
Breather hoses & PCV valve
Air temp sensor
Coolant temp sensor
Themostat housing & gasket & themostat
Top & bottom radiator hoses
Heater tap
Spark plugs
Strut tower top covers
Also Painted my pacemaker extractors black
When I was taking off the old brake booster hose I noticed a tiny vacuum hose that had came off its connection point. The small vacuum hose that goes from the T junction to the inlet manifold.I was having a problem of not getting fan direction control my from climate control module. I was thinking it was the solenoid air vacuum box that sit in the console below the radio. So very happy that it was a simple fix.

Next step is to look at the suspension and have all bushes replaced, plus a reconditioned Variotronic power steering rack put in.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
How that is super nice, love it.
Like the strut tower covers, quessing they would fit mine, would like to know where you got them and how much

hsvvp5i

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Senator 5000i
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BILLET-...686605?hash=item41c350304d:g:wjwAAOSwnHZYhejs
Thanks
These billet CNC strut tower covers you can get from EBay are for first generation & Vn & Somp Vp Commodores. The ones I brought were $200.00 with free postage hi rise tops, but you can get cheaper versions. Also brought chrome fancy nut set to compliment the strut tops, plus the K-Mac camber plate underneath all looks well together & recommend it.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VB-VC-V...610731?hash=item25df53f2ab:g:IVMAAOSwkl5XdrC6