Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

White Walling, And the likes

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
tr3nt said:
hmm yeah.. The only thing that would stop/make me get them.. is considering the fact there's like a 2cm white wall on the lower profile wheels 18/19/20" tires.. I'd be hoping for a MUCH thicker wall on the 15", like a 10CM wall.

I woudnt think you would get them on a 15 inch tyre... More for bigger wheels imo

sim_vs

can't work out avatars :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 Statesman
Steves Wheels in st albans will do em, i got my rims from them, and will get them to do the white walls for me aswell. not sure on price though. something like $150 i think, for 4 tyres.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
hmmm i think just getting the brand name and model of the tyre in whit would look sweet. no 2 keen on the whole white stip ida tho.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
1991_Vn2nV said:
I woudnt think you would get them on a 15 inch tyre... More for bigger wheels imo

Why not.. It will be different, not a lot of people have them!

AngryVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
I have white writing on my tyres.. "Goodyear Eagle GT+4" I think it looks kool as, i do it myself

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Pics, and how?

sim_vs

can't work out avatars :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 Statesman
hah, iv seen alot of people doing this lately, u can just use a white chalk kinda stuff, not sure if u have to use certain stuff so it doesn't get scrubbed off the tyres or not.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
as per #16, i used to do this to mums falcon when i was younger. did it with a small brush and some white house paint, solergaurd if i recall correctly. it would stay there for ages.
you had to be pretty careful putting it on though. once it looked a bit rough take you could either go over it or just a quick scrub would lift it at that point.

all this is making me wanna get down to the shed and have a go again!

AngryVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
I buy a "white tyre pen" from bursons. I just write on my existing letters.. after a few weeks it goes dull from the brake dust so i have to redo it. but I think it looks heaps better as i hav only 15's. I wonder if that white house paint would work better lol. may try it!! heres the link to my cars thread

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=39436