Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

White Walling, And the likes

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
vlv8vic: any pics in particular?

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I used to use a pink 'posca' paint pen on my racing slicks to match my race car.... IMO hot as ;) lol

D.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
nah sorry no pics, we're talking about 10 years ago.
if i get a chance to work on teh car this weekend i might have a go and post some pics. pretty pumped to do this, it always looked good on mums falcon so it should look even better on the white car...

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
righto i bit the bullet and had a go at the writing a bit earlier today... now all i had in the shed was appliance white in a pressure pack and i wasnt about to go and buy paint (ive successfully used solargaurd house paint before).

i sprayed a bit in the lid, and painted it on. roughish job took about 30 mins. looked pretty good i think, i wouldnt be so keen on lower profile tyres but these are pretty thick and i feel the white compliments the car.

after a good few laps of beach road the paint had started to crack a little - given it came from a pressure pack im not shocked. anyway, small tin of solargaurd is on the shopping list now that i have the itch!

Attachments

• painted.JPG
    painted.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 155
  • painted2.JPG
    painted2.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 125
  • painted3.JPG
    painted3.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 154

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
i grabbed the last few tyre markers from work back in january to do this with..... still havent gotten around to it.. maybe tommorow