Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

White Walling, And the likes

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I've noticed that "Walling" your tires is getting EXTREMELY common. Saw redwalls on a car on Sunday, and almost fell in love.

I know a rough figure of price, but what about daily driven and how long they last for.. any sort of specific cleaning required?

sim_vs

can't work out avatars :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 Statesman
i was thinkin of gettin some white walls done for the stato, was gona get em done ages ago for the vk, but yeh.
they shuld be fine for daily driving, pretty sure u can just use like window cleaner or somthin on them. u can't use tyre shine on ur tyes once u get em done so just make sure that wen u get them done u clean every bit of tyre shine or silicone (if u use it) off or it won't come out properly. might get mine done next week or so.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
sim_vs said:
i was thinkin of gettin some white walls done for the stato, was gona get em done ages ago for the vk, but yeh.
they shuld be fine for daily driving, pretty sure u can just use like window cleaner or somthin on them. u can't use tyre shine on ur tyes once u get em done so just make sure that wen u get them done u clean every bit of tyre shine or silicone (if u use it) off or it won't come out properly. might get mine done next week or so.

Interesting. I was wondering about the whole tyre shine/armor all factor on them.. After all, isn't the "white wall" or whatever it is just a grouve in the tire, painted?

How would you blacken your tires then?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
ive always been a fan of the writing being white. doesnt seem to happen much now.

im due for new tyres soonish, might give them the write writing treatment for a thrill. looks particularly good with the white car.

sim_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 Statesman
u don't blacken your tyres.. thats the sacrifice u have to make if u want white/red whatever coloured walls. the tyre shine makes it all dull and shitty.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
hmm yeah.. The only thing that would stop/make me get them.. is considering the fact there's like a 2cm white wall on the lower profile wheels 18/19/20" tires.. I'd be hoping for a MUCH thicker wall on the 15", like a 10CM wall.

sim_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 Statesman
doesn't hurt to ask whoever is doing it to make the wall thicker. im sure they could do it. considering my tyres are only 30mm profile, a 1-2cm wall is all i'd need, lol.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Thats true.. I might have a look around for tyre wallers tomorrow, make a phone call or two.