Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whiteline suspension info req- Maloo r8 ute YII 2004

kidnplay01

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV YII Maloo R8
Hi,
So on the maloo i have the harrop big brakes and handling on a 10yr old car is wearing out. Cornering isnt the best as it should be so for the moment im looking to replace all items except coilovers as cant afford them this round.

Qs i have
1) buying the 4 point front and 2 point rear swaybars, what settings should i go for as i dont want the rear getting too loose. 2 point on front and softest on rear. What have others done when doing this install. No doubt a bit diff from sedan vs ute

2)how will the car feel now after installing the below? As the big reason for buying HSV over SS ute was the feel of the suspension. Not as firm and a lot better to steer. I hear the bushes etc will firm it all up and perhaps noise?

3) cost of install from pedders is $900 ish, this reasonable or where else blacktown area to go?

4) this kit is for any VY, am i taking a step back from the HSV suspension, anyone know the diff from SS vs HSV? What swaybar do i have already? Same as whiteline bought?

5) have i bought all req for the old suspension/ bushings to be replaced except shocks/coilovers, whats missing?

Cheers

Front
Sway bar - 30mm heavy duty blade adjustable
BHF14Z - 4 point adjustable

Rear Sway bar - 18mm heavy duty blade adjustable
BHR50Z - 2 point adjustable

Front
Control arm - lower inner bushing W53175

Radius/strut rod - to chassis bushing (caster correction) W82047 Shim adjustable caster kit

Radius/strut rod - to control arm bushing, bought the harder due to harrop brakes W52906

Sway bar- link assembly W22772

REAR
Crossmember - outer mount bushing W92350

Diff - mount insert bushing W92616

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
I have the non adjustable version of those sway bars in my SS ute. Adjustable bars are a bit of a wank factor really as they don't have enough adjustment to make any significant changes. Seeing as tho you have a HSV you will already have the next size up bars compared to an SS. If i was in your position i would hold off on the bars until you get all the other bushes done and see how it rides.

kidnplay01

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV YII Maloo R8
Cheers, already bought all of the above on ebay, $400+ cheaper then what is on whiteline website and pedders "allegedly" buy it from whiteline also at the same cost as us.. pfft

today was 15% off on ebay so lucky me, hence needing advice on the above settings and all

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Yeah they put huge markups on Whiteline stuff. I bought LS1 whiteline engine mounts from a whiteline agent at cost price. Cost $120 - Retail $360. Ouch.