Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whiteline vs Superpro Bushes

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Hey all,

Just chasing people's opinions on Whiteline vs Superpro bushes for their old girls. I saw a sale on at a place I usually get good prices from but my dad told me to look for rubber bushes specifically. What's the word these days? I've got an old vc I'm doing a v6 conversion on for a daily driver. Reading around I'm getting a whole heap of conflicting opinions.

Thanks,
S

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
SuperPro Bushes by far,
I put them in my 2012 VE [SuperPro Arms x 4]
and SuperPro Bushes in my 2002 VY.

The steering feels firm and positive on both cars.

PS: I though I would try them out on my VE first, as its my daily car, being so impressed, I put them in my VY.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I use both but superpro is my go to.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I have used noletech, nolathane, whiteline, pedders and superpro. I prefer superpro. whiteline is owned by nolathane and pedders used to use them but switched to superpro as their supplier.

In saying that in situations like a lower control arm inner bush a rubber bush is superior in a compression situation like a swaybar link urethane is superior.
You can get rubber bushes from Mackay made here in Australia.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Hey all,

Just chasing people's opinions on Whiteline vs Superpro bushes for their old girls. I saw a sale on at a place I usually get good prices from but my dad told me to look for rubber bushes specifically. What's the word these days? I've got an old vc I'm doing a v6 conversion on for a daily driver. Reading around I'm getting a whole heap of conflicting opinions.

Thanks,
S
Being an old girl really anything new of either the urethane bushes you use would benefit depending on your budget, the mackay rubber ones are the old rubber factory and give you a softer feel but lack overall drivability/strength over the whiteline, superpro or the nolathane, basically all 3 are the same really, just different name and colour and pri$e.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
New Polyurethane is quite different to when it came on the market 10+ years ago. I've got Superpro in all my cars and recommend it to everyone. Literally every bush in my VC is Superpro and matched with good shocks it rides very nice, direct but not harsh.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Prefer rubber for daily drivers...used most brands but superpro seemed to last longest & with decent ride.

Nolathane said to have revised bushing although think it's hard to go back to them if you've ever had old noisey versions disintegrate on your weekender that sits in garage most of it's life.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Prefer rubber for daily drivers...used most brands but superpro seemed to last longest & with decent ride.

Nolathane said to have revised bushing although think it's hard to go back to them if you've ever had old noisey versions disintegrate on your weekender that sits in garage most of it's life.
all my cars have nolathane, expen$ive exerci$e, rather quite happy with the ride on stock alloys, new springs/shocks but basically any brand bushes is better than clapped out 30/40 year old factory mackay rubbers used that probably only good for the old warranty period.