Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whitesack's SS Thunder

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Was thinking about ditching the canopy but it's really useful an it's growing on me, I reckon once I lower the rear it will look better, thinking about paint my badges and calipers in the next couple of weeks to give it a bit of a personal touch ;)

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Appears to be sitting left.
Take the photo from the other side and it should be sitting right.

Why do you ask? Does something not seem right with it? Other then the faded base, it looks fine.

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
yeah i realized the base is faded abit, and it is sitting fine now, i didnt have it done up right and there was a gap between the antenna and the base, but ive got it all sorted out now

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Base isn't faded mate, it looks like polish that's dried on there and stained it. I found I have the same on my mirrors and window rubbers. I think if you get a little black trim restorer it will bring it back like new.

New aerial looks good to, so much better than the factory rc car antenna haha

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Yeah I'm gonna have to get something to fix it up, and it probs could be polish I wouldn't have a clue aye haha

Looking into a few exhaust options at the moment and thinking ill just end up getting a catback for now and extractors and cats later on down the track once I can get a Otr and tune at the same time :)

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Got around to getting some decent photos, so here they are :)

Still got my old VX for now, Missus is using it, gonna sell it in the next couple of weeks im thinking :)

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks good mate, but definitely needs lowering, even that alone will make it such a massive difference

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Looks good mate, but definitely needs lowering, even that alone will make it such a massive difference

Yeah im thinking exhaust then lower, whats the part number for your springs? also got any photos of it side on? im thinking about getting same thing but with shorten shocks from gsl, just to give it a half decent ride, and i wanna do things right the first time, i would love coilovers but they way to expensive at the moment haha

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think the part numbers are just KHFL-SSSL for front and KHRL-SSSL for rear but I'm not 100% sure.

These are just the ones I have:

STG 3 Ultra Lows VE V8 UTE Commodore King Springs Lowered LOW | eBay

I don't have any side on but when I get back to my house and park on a flat surface I can take some for you.

Yeah thats fair enough, I just got the springs cheap so I still have stock shocks, but saving up to put Bilsteins in them I hope. I would also like to put SP4 in the front which I'd hope to bring it down another 10-15mm so it has the same HTG height as the back.

Agreed coilovers would be nice but all the decent ones are so expensive haha I'll just spend that money on Bilsteins and sway bars and other suspension components I think haha.