Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whitesack's SS Thunder

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Hey guys, just bought this new toy yesterday, drove home from the Gold Coast last night with it ;) so here it is :) pretty happy with it can't fault it it's amazing to drive over the vx v6 haha, will get photos once I get on my computer :)

Model: 2011 Series 2 SS Thunder

Kms: 68xxx

Colour: Black

Bodykit: Stock

Engine type: 6.0L

Engine mods: Stock

Intake: Stock

Exhaust: Stock

Gearbox: 6 speed Manual

Brakes: Stock

Suspension: Stock

Wheels: Stock 19" Thunder Rims

Interior: Standard SS Thunder

Extras: Carryboy Canopy and Tow bar

Future mods:
Debadge and black badges
Coilovers or a spring/shock combo
Full twin 3inch exhaust
Otr
Tune
Sound system
KMC Rockstars or black G8's in 20's
Top mount Supercharger or turbo, undecided atm

Last edited:

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Looks awesome mate, I'm glad you finally got one. Are you planning on keeping the canopy? Also IMO lose the bonnet protector haha

Can't wait to see what you do with this one and throw some more pics up!

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Welcome brother! when I bought mine in 2012 was always taken with the white,also liked the black as they both had the best match with the charcoal rims imo..no black available so hooked up with the white..looks real good bud,like the idea of the black rims change..powdercoat/clear coat them,gloss or matte look,whats the plan? I've been thinking about plasti-dipping mine matte black.Just a thought as another option..

The bonnet protector,not sure about it but they are made in black too I believe,would look alright if you like the idea of that piece of kit..or maybe your ditching it altogether lol.

Anyways,will look sweet as with a bit of low and is gonna sound awesome when you give it the loud treatment,enjoy..ill keep an eye on your mods mate..

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
When I first got it I didn't like the canopy, but after driving it home and looking at it it's starting to grow on me and doesn't look quite bad, will look better once lowered though haha, but at the moment I'm just happy to be driving it :)

I'm thinking I'll just go a cat back First just to get some noise then go a full exhaust later on cause it's just to quite ATM haha, went to look at a vz Maloo and came home with this, Maloo was nice but not as nice as this haha

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah that's cool man, I have seen a chlorophyll ute with a canopy that was absolutely slammed and thought it looked pretty cool.

Fair enough, I just put straight pipes in the back of mine and I think it sounds good for a low cost, I will eventually get a full exhaust and that when the funds allow. Trying to save for a house sucks haha

Yeah VZ maloo's are nice but no where near as good as a VE IMO

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Yeah I'm thinking about getting just some straight pipes is yours loud at all? Got a clip of it by any chance? It's such a nice ride, never thought is have one this quick after getting my opens aye haha

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I think its loud enough to hear anyway, can hear it with the windows down until abut 3k rpm when the engine noise takes over, as you'll notice in your stock ute. Has a nice back crackle to it and I get a lot of compliments on it, but it wouldn't be as good as a full system of course, just affordable for a nice bit of noise.

I think I have a little video on my phone, I'll see if I can upload it to photobucket and paste the link here. I really need to take a proper one haha

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Yeah I'm thinking I'll just go straight pipes till I can afford a full system pray least a catback, little bit of noise is better then no noise haha

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
That sounds alright man, they just 2.5inch straight through or 3inch?