Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whitewalls?

Bobski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Exec
Think this is the right area...
Ah I only really know of two around the south eastern region of Melbourne. Eastside whitewalls (The guy sold it though) and instant whitewalls..

I cant seem to find anybody who knows much about other places and/or the prices of getting walls while still keeping the ratings on the tire. Anybody able to fill me in?

Cheers

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Cant help you with somebody to do it for you but they are now a defectable item on your car because they make a groove into the side wall to apply the colour and this could compromise the strength of the sidewall.

Bobski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Exec
Yeah I know they've been defectable for a while. But I thought they were legal as long as they don't shave off the tire ratings. Which in reality is just applying paint to the tire isn't it?

valakis_vx

The Juggernaught Bitch!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 M6
yeah their now aplying them over the writing, i havent seen them myself but not much different according to my mate...

Bobski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Exec
I'm thinking about testing it on my vs.. if they look **** I'll just swap the tires around each rim so they're still the right direction just facing in.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
They could work on some tyres, but overall it would look pretty bad if you just put it over the top of the tyre markings.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
They could work on some tyres, but overall it would look pretty bad if you just put it over the top of the tyre markings.

Not really, a little while ago saw a Rotary with sidewalls over the writing, actually looked alright!

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
They look shithouse on anything but a classic anyway. But each to their own. I have seen one set with the wall over the markings. Didn't look any different really.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Wouldn't it stand out a lot and you would be able to see the half the writing painted in and some not, well i guess depends on what the tyre looks like. I know some tyre have a lot of clear space that you could paint it the whitewalls on.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Not really. A little yes, but it beats a yellow sticker if you like whitewalls.