Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who are the worst drivers?

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Another vote for truck drivers here. I realise not all are poor drivers but I believe the majority on the road are a bunch of cowboys.

Let's not forget spaced out on amphetamines also. Massive danger on the road with their micro sleeps, angry tempers and belief they own the road as they are bigger than you.

Soon we get them off the road and put freight on trains the better. :beer chug:

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
Let's not forget spaced out on amphetamines also. Massive danger on the road with their micro sleeps, angry tempers and belief they own the road as they are bigger than you.

the rail system is just not up to scratch for doing everything on rails, maybe for interstate runs say melb - sydney or something trains would be better, but it gets hard to get 24 pallets from the yard to some guys shop door with a train...

its not the vehicle that makes the driver bad, its the driver that makes the vehicle bad.

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355

I know of more car drivers that get around stoned, on amphetamines, ecstasy etc etc then truck drivers on amphetamines and the regulation of the industry in recent times in regards to driving and break times has diminished the amount of users through loss of wage to support habit and less oppurtunity for users to do the hours they feel needed to support their habit.
It would be good to see more drug testing of all drivers come into play as there are many stoned and buzzed drivers getting away without being charged with the main cause of their accidents due to passing an alcohol test.

Getting back on track with the OP topic, this issue can also be regional. In Canberra I always avoid any cars with diplomatic plates as they have a tendancy to drive like theyre back home. In Sydney, its Asian ladies that believe in kamikaze tactics when aiming for their streets off a major arterial... Seen so many lock up the fronts on a major arterial 10m before their street then turn hard, no indicator, no warning. Most annoying would have been a job where i had to leave for work at 2.30pm and found almost everyday it was also the time Nev and Myrtle decided it was best to drive to the next caravan park towing a large caravan with a Camry or X Trail down the same Single lane either way highway. It cost an extra 15 minutes a day on what was supposed to be a 30min drive :supersad:
Another annoying thing is how slow some traffic, especially p platers, seem to go when you drive a VE SS and pull in behind them on the fast lane. P platers pass at 130 in a 110, they see an SS pull into their lane behind them and all of a sudden find their true speed limit thinking you're an unmarked car.... 90 in the right hand lane in a 110 zone becomes a pain straight away. I thought it was a one off, but it happened too many a time. Now i've changed cars it doesn't happen anymore :unsure:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
LOL, finally some good news here in NZ. they have changed a few laws and the use of a cellphone whilst drving is now illegal except for when a handfree kit is used. they have also changed the law in regards to driving under the influence of drugs and they will take you away for testing if suspected. this has been advertised heavily over the last couple weeks so hopefuly the coppers will crack down on these issues.

the auckland city council has also in there wisdom decided that the rail link from the ports of auckland should be re-established (**** knows why they removed it to begin with). there is currently a inland port being established with a decent rail head so the majority of containers arriving at the port will leave by train to there destinations. should remove a large % of heavy transport out of the city and through spagetti junction which is a traffic nightmare at the moment.

they have also finally decided to electrify the auckland commuter rail network. hopefully this will make it more reliable and get more passangers so removing the need for some many crazy bus drivers on our streets.

so that covers a few of my pet hates. moving to greenland should solve the rest.......

svsex

big blue
Reaction score
Members Ride
190 sv6
Only some P-platers are up there. People from every demographic are up there, it all depends on the person.

Taxi drivers are some of the worst I've seen out there. Dunno what it is, but they just seem to speed, cut people off and just bend the rules whenever they feel like it.

it is very anoying but if they go slow ive seen a few people get very impatient and bitchy like

You_Jealous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series 2 Ute
I'd have to say Taxi drivers (of any race).

They pull in, swerve, cut off, speed, do whatever they want. Really pisses me off

Commo_Carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 Turbo Ute, 99 STI EJ207 GT FORESTER
Asians, some P-Platers and old people.

I think most P-Platers are very weery on the road as they are scared of crashes, so they generally take care

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Im on my red P's so i am limited to 90kmh, driving home along the appin road which is a 2 lane road with a 100kmh speed limit, i was sitting on 90kmh no more no less displaying red P's and this bloke in an excell was goin mental beheind me, high beams, beeping, tailgaiting me. I ignored it for a few km then i slowed down to 80kmh and gave him the finger to ensure rage set in, he then over took me on double lines nearly causing an accident with an on comming car. I had a massive LOL, he most likley had brown pants.

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
Im on my red P's so i am limited to 90kmh, driving home along the appin road which is a 2 lane road with a 100kmh speed limit, i was sitting on 90kmh no more no less displaying red P's and this bloke in an excell was goin mental beheind me, high beams, beeping, tailgaiting me. I ignored it for a few km then i slowed down to 80kmh and gave him the finger to ensure rage set in, he then over took me on double lines nearly causing an accident with an on comming car. I had a massive LOL, he most likley had brown pants.

Had a similar thing happen the other day, Doing the speed limit and a green torana sitting on my ass, i start slowing down from 70, by the time i hit 50 he got sick of it and blasted past on double lines. Only he didn't see the unmarked TMU car sitting behind him, i laughed all the way to work :rofl2: