Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who can sell me tuned memcal for VT V6?

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Hi Guys.

I got a VT V6 and seems to drive a bit differently to other Ecotecs, after reading a few common faults on the Phoenix Mechanical website it was mentioned that it can seem sluggish as it normally doesn't shift down unless lots of throttle is applied and also stating some cold start issues with gearbox. and that a revised memcal was released somewhere around 2000.

Just wondering if any Tuners on here who have experience with the Ecotec can sell me a tuned memcal for 91 RON perhaps to alter the shift points or to increase performance/response a bit too? Or is there a way to buy an updated memcal from Holden?

Delcowizz seems to be pretty busy these days have PM'ed him a few times.

Cheers.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Try Pming The1 or Mace. If you are looking to increase performance I suggest you spend the extra money and run 98 with a tune.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Try Pming The1 or Mace. If you are looking to increase performance I suggest you spend the extra money and run 98 with a tune.

PM the1 you'll get a tune suited to your car, if you grab a mace manifold insulator i'd definitely be getting the tune adjusted for that.

D

David87965

sorry for hijacking thread but would this setup be good for VT 3.8L Auto Series 2 and how much power gain should you get minimum?

- 12mm plenum spacer
- 25mm manifold insulator
- 69mm throttle body
- memcal (the chip with most power gains from mace)
- catback 2.5"

the minimum i am trying to get is at-least 17 Kw (at the fly wheel)

2INIL8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH COMMODORE 308
Forget the spacers and throttle body put in a small cam,you will see alot more gain for $$$$
You will gain next to nothing with those 3 items.
Get headers,stainless cat and 2.5" system much more worthwhile.
98 is a must.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
sorry for hijacking thread but would this setup be good for VT 3.8L Auto Series 2 and how much power gain should you get minimum?

- 12mm plenum spacer
- 25mm manifold insulator
- 69mm throttle body
- memcal (the chip with most power gains from mace)
- catback 2.5"

the minimum i am trying to get is at-least 17 Kw (at the fly wheel)

Just grab a set of 1.9 rockers and the MACE cold air intake system and you should get what your aiming for if power is your main goal. Add the spacers for more low-mid rpm torque which will improve the way the car drives, throttle response and help improve fuel economy.

D

David87965

Just grab a set of 1.9 rockers and the MACE cold air intake system and you should get what your aiming for if power is your main goal. Add the spacers for more low-mid rpm torque which will improve the way the car drives, throttle response and help improve fuel economy.

yeah i am after low-mid torque power, as long as fuel economy stays the same or higher.

Forget the spacers and throttle body put in a small cam,you will see alot more gain for $$$$
You will gain next to nothing with those 3 items.
Get headers,stainless cat and 2.5" system much more worthwhile.
98 is a must.

wouldn't a cam need to take the engine out for that or am i mistaken that with something else?

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Get the spacers, they DO make a difference.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
wouldn't a cam need to take the engine out for that or am i mistaken that with something else?

Not necessarily, if you take out the thermo fan you'll notice how much room there is between the engine and radiator. I'd recommend taking out the thermo fan and radiator, then you have enough room to have a small party next to the cute little V6 in the engine bay and more than enough room to slip in a new cam.