Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who else is as fussy as me when it comes to their Commodores?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Mine gets washed, chamoised and detailed once a week usually on a saturday then quick detailed again on Sunday if I head out.

During the week it gets a spot free rinse most days to keep it looking good and get the dust off.

Being black it requires a lot of work but I dont mind as it looks **** hot when its clean.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
The OP sounds really anal and obsessive, good on him/her for looking after their car though.

aZk.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
I wash mine once a week or when a bird shits on it, vaccum once every 2-4 weeks and give the interior a wipe down.... (dont really need to vaccum much because everyone that gets into my car knows to wipe their feet 1st)
Clean windows once every month.
Tyre shine is a must :)
I also make sure I get the best parking spot (usually an end spot next to the gutter and try and get as much space between me and the person next to me :)

But im not as bad as the OP, but my car is about 20 years old and already been battered by a 100 owners already lol

Not as bad as the

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
You're not fussy unless you've got at least 3 coats of carnauba over at least 2 coats of sealant minimum!!! :)

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I'm nearly as fussy/anal as the OP. Although being a dad competes for the time I'd LIKE to/used to spend on it.
I wash it about once a week with Meguiar's gold class and wax every three months with same brand wax. Vaccuum weekly if possible and Armour-all interior and exterior plastics regularly. I smoke in it and drink in it and let dry food, such as chips/biscuits be eaten in it occaisionally.
The young fella is allowed to drink a bottle of water in his toddler seat in the back and VERY OCCAISIONALLY milk, (with me watching him in the rear-view mirror like a hawk)
I thought I was the only one who parked in the furthest car space, against a kerb!
My wife hates my car......

gazzas

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
Waste of time fussing over a common car such as a Commodore as someone who doesnt care for theres as well only needs a decent detail at sale time and it will sell for the same.You might not want to believe that but its true.
cheers

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Waste of time fussing over a common car such as a Commodore as someone who doesnt care for theres as well only needs a decent detail at sale time and it will sell for the same.You might not want to believe that but its true.
cheers

Youre obviously not an enthusiast nor someone who takes pride in their possessions so I wouldnt expect you to understand.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Youre obviously not an enthusiast nor someone who takes pride in their possessions so I wouldnt expect you to understand.

Agreed! That's a pretty severe comment by gazzas. Most of us care at least a BIT about our Commodores. Different story for something like my missus' Kia, though!

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
Here here....+1

gazzas

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
My car is kept clean and maintained but its nothing special only a work hack.
Fuss over yours as much as you like and its still worth the same as mine.
I take pride in what i have and resent the assumption made by the above posters.
Maybe when some of you grow up you will understand.
cheers