Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who else is as fussy as me when it comes to their Commodores?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
My car is kept clean and maintained but its nothing special only a work hack.
Fuss over yours as much as you like and its still worth the same as mine.
I take pride in what i have and resent the assumption made by the above posters.
Maybe when some of you grow up you will understand.
cheers

Because you appear to be a little intellectually challenged I'll simplify it for you.

Enthusiasts dont give a **** about resale value.

They have pride in their possessions and take pride in keeping them looking as good as possible.

It isnt simply a car, its a hobby.

Calling someone immature for wanting to keep their car in top condition all the time is plain retarded.

Gosuckadick.

tunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ tonner
correct ricey, correct. and gazzas if you have nothin good to add to the thread, we dont wanna hear it.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
The Little Red VZ Go-Kart was an expensive 'catch' for me (even though it was purchased and registered as a business vehicle, I'm still wholely in charge of it and very, very personal with it).

And it's not just a pretty face, but an excellent long-distance chariot.
After a long, lonely cruise up to Wilcannia via Broken Hill in early March, then down to Ivanhoe and Deniliquin and back to Geelong (with the only noteworthy 'glitch' being I did not see a kids' sandpit in Mildura and parked in it, causing a massive bog that, when I revved, plastered sand all over Creation...), it required 3 hours of thorough cleaning inside and out on the banks of the Edward River at Deni. Sand, red outback bulldust, locust splatter and general travelling detritus. I enlisted the help of two laze-about dreadlocked hippies (rewarded with a share of my slab). Being all black inside (with sexy black sheepies) means any specks are highly visible. Got a small rechargeable vacuum last Christmas and that is used to clean the car on the go — and anybody munching sausage rolls in the passenger seat! Yup, fastidious and demanding! "This Go-Kart must be kept clean and stylish!". Even Holden Techies must tread very carefully: RiCeY, listen up, you: greasy paws prohibited, unwashed hair is OUT! Oh, and filthy oil-smeared boots are a definite no-no... covers on the seats please and no flickin' boogers on the way out!

Start of week now and the go-kart begins with a spray at the car wash soon, a hot wax and that's it until next weekend! The show-car begins its trip around the traps. Phew— :dance:

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
my car is cherry black... it has to be washed 3+ times a week at minimum if i like it or not haha, dam black cars :-/
i eat in mine like maccas or whatever but noone EVER smokes in my car

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
Enthusiasts dont give a **** about resale value.

It isnt simply a car, its a hobby.

well said, i have to explain this to people ALL THE DAM TIME!

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Yep it's a hobby alright, just like fishing. I HATE fishing and can't understand why anyone would want to sit in the hot sun all day, etc, etc, etc. But I except the fact that it's thier hobby. Fishing enthusiasts probably think I'm mad as a march hare for devoting hours a day where possible to wash, clean ,or do what ever to a damn car!

hsv453

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Z series Clubsport
its the sense of ownership i think, and having the pride to look at your car after you've cleaned it to think, thats mine.

my clubby gets a wash and chamois on a weekday or after its rained, then on saturday or sunday it gets a good detail, wash/chamois, trim detailer, leather/dash detiler, vaccum/carpet cleaner etc etc. Then once a month gets scratch x on the little marks then a polish and a wax. I am actually addicted to the smell of meaguirs leather detailer, smells so amazing and don't need air freshners because of it, makes the leather look sooo goood to!

Circlotron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec 5L BT1 ex cop, ex taxi
Once my wife accidently scratched my glove box With her purse and within an hour I had a brand new one fitted!

An hour? Used to have to submit the paperwork and wait 30 days when I got married.

VZ_SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I run a hose over mine if its looking dirty, other than that i cant be bothered. It devalues quicker than i can wash it so id rather have a beer.