Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who else is as fussy as me when it comes to their Commodores?

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I bought my VX SS brand new, it still only has 70,000km on it and is like brand new, I am not as bad as you but I still get ribbed by others with comments is that a speck of dust I can see.
Mine is garaged most of the time as I have a VC Commodore as a run around, but it does get used for trips etc and I don't worry about a bit of dirt I just clean it up and pop it back in the garage. As much as I love the SS and it really is a beautiful car to drive at the end of the day they are only a Commodore and will never be collectable or worth a great deal, but I must admit it is nice when you get a compliment on how well kept it is. Example was my daughter bought a used Subaru from a Holden dealer and I took her over to pick it up in the SS, I was amazed at the attention the sales guys gave it when we were there, they popped the bonnet sat in it and made all sorts of nice compliments about it, probably trying to get me to buy a new VE SS if the truth be known. But it is nice to see a well kept car. I wash mine maybe once every two weeks but it does not get much use in that time and give it a good detail and wax every three months.

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I agree! Im not worried about resale value as we all know cars deprechiate in value! "Our Houses make up for it...." But it's the feeling that a car enthusiast like myself and the other commenters above feel when look at your Pride and Joy all shiny and clean!! And I would much rather obsess over my car any day then be like my next door neighbor and sit with a bucket and pluck weeds all day and yell at kids who walk on his grass! :/ Bring on the tyre shine.... LOL!

RFish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Because you appear to be a little intellectually challenged I'll simplify it for you.

Enthusiasts dont give a **** about resale value.

They have pride in their possessions and take pride in keeping them looking as good as possible.

It isnt simply a car, its a hobby.

Calling someone immature for wanting to keep their car in top condition all the time is plain retarded.

Gosuckadick.

Haha well said mate, +1

As for this thread,
When i first bought my car i cherished it and wouldnt, eat, drink, let anoyone smoke in it.
I would make sure people didnt have dirty feet before they got in.
I would clean it atleast once a week inside and out.

But now i am working a labouring job and it is just IMPOSSIBLE to keep the dust out. My seats are full with them. I will be finishing this job in just over a month now and when i finish i plan on doing a MASSIVE clean, probably take the whole day and get my baby up to the shape she used to be in!
You know why..coz commodores deserve it!:lock::idea3:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I try to keep it clean and wash it roughly weekly and give it a vac every month or two. Nothing overboard though - only keep them 2 and a bit years :)

Reaper