Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who else is as fussy as me when it comes to their Commodores?

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Today it occured to me how obsessed I am with my Commodore! ;) Since new It has never left my garage with a speck of dust inside or out and I always find time to shine my tires. I or anyone else has never eaten in it, or drunk in it, and no animals have ever been in it,Im a non smoker and spend 10-15mins parking it at times as I like to find the best spot I can to ensure it wont get damaged. I have a rule that no luggage of anysort comes inside my car and that it goes in the boot! I make sure I dead lock it and that it worked properly but first I errect the sun shade and always look back to check its safe. It's never spent a night outside my garage and I spend hundereds of dollars on Meguiars detailing equiptment each year. Since I purchased my Commodore I have washed and Vaccumed it weekly and keep a microfiber cloth in the glove box to wipe the dust From the dash at red lights. Once my wife accidently scratched my glove box With her purse and within an hour I had a brand new one fitted! And it still has that beautiful new car smell!! I love my Commodore and I love having conversations in the car park with other Commodore proud owners, I love driving it and going on long trips however when I get back out comes the hose and its wash time! Who else likes to take the time to keep ur car looking new?

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
lol i like to keep mine washed, polished and vacuumed, but jeez man not that badly lol.. I don't let animals inside of it as they usually leave hairs which are really hard and annoying to get off the seats.. But usually a once a week wash over usually keeps it looking sexy in my opinion..

hah now ive gotta find out where you live so i can go and dirty your car and watch you freak out lol.. =P

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
And i thought it was just me...lololo
I owned my vt for over 10 years and the wife never got to drive it.
The same goes for this 1.

I usually end up washing it at least twice a week and the black 22"' rims need to be cleaned virtually every day.

I was so excited when i picked this 1 up i couldnt sleep the first night.
Ended up dragging out the spotlights for a 2am detailing session.

Funny story...my next door neighbor constantly gives me heaps about the constant cleaning.
He picked up his ...BLACK.. new navara a week ago and ive caught him washing it 3 times this week..
Needless to say ive enjoyed the payback ..

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Your car would be one of the best second hand cars to buy then by the sound sof that. I was lucky to wash the vl every 3 months. I'm doing it probably once a fortnight. My car doesn't really get dirty and if it doesnt look that dirty- i won't wash it.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
I only wash mine when it rains

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
i love my car too, when my missus does drive it im either incapable of driving myself(drunk) or hold everything for ransom of hers if she gets a scratch on it lol
wash it every week if i can, with it raining everyday and having no garage space theres no point washing it :(

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
haha, if you look at my ride thread, you will see that mine is mostly clean, i even got best engine bay award for clenliness in a commodore cruise with 30+ cars attending. i think im a clean freak with mine, just have to work out how to remove swirl marks and which product works best. and by remove, i mean remove, not fill ins or cover ups

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Well, I appreciate my car and I look after it, but not like the OP. My obsession died years ago,.