Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who else suffers from this...

Hoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT (1999)

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
My ex suffered from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
She was from Sweden and so gets gloomy over there in winter etc. In the end it ended our relationship.

But if you are having anxiety
Check out
Beyond Blue Men
and
Man Therapy - Home

You're not alone mate, I have my moments and been told most people do these days.
Stress, relationships, money etc all compound and turn into negatives and get worse from there.

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
You're definitely not alone mate, I still suffer from Anxiety, 7 years of it and still going, starting to get worse again too which isn't good at all!
Same as depression, 7 years of that too from family issues, no need to explain it and be attention seeking for sympathy..

I have seen councilors and psychologists for my problems and they did help, personally to help myself I need to find another one.

Hoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT (1999)

Last edited:

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
If you haven't already, go to your GP and get a mental health care plan which will entitle you to 6 Medicare subsidised visits to a psychologist. Try Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).

I know it's practically pointless saying it but try not to dwell on what you think you may or may not have done with this friendship. You can't read her mind and text chat is especially ambiguous, so even if you could read something in to what she was or wasn't saying you have none of the body language or actual emotional feedback to really make an informed opinion.

If you can't prove what you're thinking in a court of law you don't have enough evidence to prove that it is true, and assumptions or mind-reading is one of the worst parts of anxiety disorders IMO.

Good luck mate.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I have bipolar disorder. I have had depression/anxiety on and off since the age of 10. It has manifested as inappropriate anger, low self esteem, low confidence, self destructive behaviours, addiction, and volatile relationships. I have seen therapists; safe to say if you have depression it is an evolutionary mechanism of 'what you are doing now at a basic and fundamental level you do not like' (duh...). Comparing yourself to other people also doesn't help, especially if things hadn't turned out they way you had planned. I also have a huge fear of rejection, heights, dogs, and g-forces.

Its all about positive mindset. I can say 'I am 30 and unmarried' and mope about it or I can say 'I am 30, single, and am 100% free to do as I please with major life decisions'. I could say 'I don't have a new car therefore am not a success' or I could say 'I have a classic car and a future classic car that give me enjoyment, and are unique'. A lot of it is about living life for yourself, not for others. Live for your expectations, not society's.

Safe to say I have not experienced clinical depression for about 2 years now.....the meds help though :p (But are not the complete answer).

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
Comparing yourself to other people also doesn't help, especially if things hadn't turned out they way you had planned.
Excellent point.

As long as you, yourself, are better tomorrow than you are today it doesn't matter what anyone else is doing.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I helped my mrs get through severe anxiety, so bad she couldnt leave her bed at one stage.

First step is understanding anxiety, knowing why you are feeling a certain way goes a long way to overcoming it. If you understand how it works its a lot less scary.

This website was very helpful Anxiety Attacks Read through it, my Mrs even joined up and said it was well worth it.

Another hurdle is those around you not understanding it and saying things like "You have no reason to feel this way just get over it". Anxiety is all about feeling certain ways for no reason, its not your fault. Direct friends and family to the above site to help them understand what you are going through and enable them to be a help as opposed to a hindrance. There is a section for non sufferers to read and be educated on it.

See a doctor, they will try a few different medications to manage and reduce the effects of anxiety. Some work, some dont, it depends on the individual. Just dont stop taking it because you think its not working, it can take a couple of weeks or more to start seeing results. Try and keep your mind occupied, sometimes this just isnt possible but keep reminding yourself that it wont be like this forever. You WILL get better if you seek help.

We found printing out all the symptoms of anxiety was helpful, whenever you feel off refer to it and knowing its anxiety and not your life ending is a big help. Just keep reminding yourself its a symptom, Im going to be OK. Anxiety can have many physical affects as well as mental which heightens the fear of whats happening to you. Again, understand it and how it works is a huge step forward.

I hope this helps.

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
Just dont stop taking it because you think its not working, it can take a couple of weeks or more to start seeing results.
In addition to this point, also don't stop taking it because you think it has worked and you're better. If you're on medication you need to ween off of it slowly. A big rookie mistake is feeling as if you are "fixed" and then just stopping the stuff cold turkey.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
My older brother suffers from anxiety and schizophrenia and it's very difficult to deal with. He has completely irrational fears and phobias and he obsesses over minor things that he can't control (and often false threats that he constructs in his mind) which end up making him panic and suffer extreme levels of stress and anger because of it. It's really hard to deal with and it would appear there are no real solutions (The Psychiatrist handbook seems to run out of answers when the "tell me about your childhood"question is actually a nice and happy story). All I can say is do your best listen to the people who care about you, as they have your best interest at heart and will always be there for you.