Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who has a hot 6??

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Sounds good dose pipe cant wait till its finished. Methanol is the go :)

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
He knows its not lol. A mate of ours just threw a rod through the side of his 202 block and that was grout filled ect ect. As you said nothing is bullet proof! Its just a matter of finding the most power and reliability which is hard when ur running 15+ psi on a 20+ yr old block.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
He knows its not lol. A mate of ours just threw a rod through the side of his 202 block and that was grout filled ect ect. As you said nothing is bullet proof! Its just a matter of finding the most power and reliability which is hard when ur running 15+ psi on a 20+ yr old block.

Was it the bmw rod ? my mate had that set up in his speedway car bmw rods grout filled and on methanol his first night in it he left it in first spun it upwards of 8000 rpm the dizzy **** itself thats why it stoped when the engine was pulled down all that was wrong inside it was the crank it had cracks you could see in it so saved on the xray there lol. :thumbsup:

Dose Pipe

Reaction score
At the time of this post, under your mothers bed w
Members Ride
It's quicker then your mothers VN

that was a half grout filled block and a starfire rod

and it was also more like 25psi :)

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL 3.3 Litre 5 speed, 2002 VY Executive
Hmm Repco Engine would be a good base to build on, as most are either reconditioned or new. my Blue 202 is pretty mild, only has extractors, hot cam and a 250 webber.

202injected

Quality Engine Builder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec. 3.6
I have an injected VK that was running a Milld cam 040 bores and extractors, i have since pulled that out and started with a fresh Block, here is the list so far.

• 020 Bores using ACL low compression "unleaded pistons"
  • Diesel quality hardened valve seats
  • The bare minimum shaved of both the head and block faces
  • Crane cams valve locks
  • Roller rockers
  • Manely hardned pushrods and guide plates
  • postive seal valve stem seal
  • Secret cam grind developed with my local cam grinder
  • 020/010 ground crank
  • closed, honed and shortened Starfire conrods
  • HM Header extractors
  • 3" mild steel single muffler exhaust
  • Toyota SC14 Supercharger (yet to be mounted)
  • Toyota GT4 water to air intercooler
  • malpassi rising rate fuel pressure reg.
  • Std elec Dizzy
  • Accel super coil
  • 10mm leads
  • JP hi flow oil pump
  • JP adjustable alloy timing set

on paper, i have worked out that it should run about 7.5:1 compression, into which i am hoping to feed 12pound of boost and hopefully see around 150kw.

well at least thats the list so far

In the pipeline for the futre
Motec or microtech ECU with conversion to Fully sequential injection and 6 coil ignition and MAP sensor load instead of AFM

thats all running into a Exedy 150% clutch to a Toyota Steel case 5 speed then a VH SS brock 10 Salisbury LSD

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
So ur still running the standard ECU then? I didn't think ya could do much to the motor with the standard ECU as it can't be tuned....so ya really gotta get a decent computer b4 ya start playin around with one. I know most of the gear on ur list prolly wouldn't effect it, but still just curious.

That's the only thing stopping us from chuckin a fat cam and valve spring combo in PEAKN6, thought we would of had trouble as it can't be tuned properly.

bolby

werd
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VH SLE 202 turbo
202injceted thats a nice build up!
it would almost be a shame not to put a turbo on that :p
the sc14 should provide 10-12psi but a motor like that would cope with upto 20psi!
i should have mine started back up again after doing some smoothing in the bay but will be without the turbo :( so will be running 7.5:1 comp through a powerglide lol
fun stuff!
good to see theres still a few ppl playing the the old 6 :)

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
my VC wagon runs a black carby 202 with a mild cam and holley 350, and made 75rwkw on the dynomotive dyno dynamics dyno. i'm planning a CRS supercharger kit just to be a bit different, as everyone else is going turbs... and whoever says a 202 can't make power, get ur head checked. and check out my mate sniffy's pink torana coupe (u might have seen him on the princess hwy, dandenong or @ heathcote), he's a midget so he's a bit easy to miss, but he's got a 202 efi turbo setup i his torana and runs 10.71 @ 125mph... not bad eh?