Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who has a hot 6??

Com_VC

Reaction score
what are the specs of your mates torana boomnvn.. sounds interesting :) I wouldnt mind seeing some pics too.

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
G'day mate, I hav a red 202, with XU-1 spec. 179 Head stg 4 and it had big vavles, 040"thou flat top pistons with chrome rings, 179 steel crank, hi volume oil pump, Cam 35/75 xu-1, electronic dizzy,Redline Torker 2 manifold, 500 Holley, Pacemaker's extractor's, hi comp starter.She used 2 pull 130km/h in second gear. Now, we are think change the cam, and carby, to get more power. This was in the vh commo.

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
yes quite easly there is a white vc { i think but not 100% } with a hairdryer on here check the my ride section :thumbsup:

crumpledoor#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 1997 BT1 5.0
I've done a bit of work to my 173....I wouldn't call it a hot 6, but maybe a mild 6.

Why would you bother with a 173?????

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I've done a bit of work to my 173....I wouldn't call it a hot 6, but maybe a mild 6.

Why would you bother with a 173?????

Coz that's wat motor I had at the time so I decided to build it up a bit. Plus with the shorter stroke they should rev harder then the 202's.

calaiscruzer

I drink beer, and I vote!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Atlas Grey VN SS
Looks good danny! I had a nitrous fed 202 at one stage. Gave a few decent v8's a scare but at the end of the day performance is really with the v8 motor. The 202 blocks can only handle about 320rwkw before they break. They are a good little motor though! I have a soft spot for them!

Oh only 320rwkw, is that all..haha

DANNY8 - Thats one of the best early girl engine bays ive ever seen. Top effort. I reckon those spces make it a 'hot' 202.

donza

donza
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S pack
i got a 186 block and added a 221 ford crank to it with a pretty lairy cam dont know what sor of power it'll make but should go a hell of a lot better than a stockie gonna bolt it together this arvo

donza

donza
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S pack
by the way does anyone know what motors that crank was originally used in

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
i got a 186 block and added a 221 ford crank to it with a pretty lairy cam dont know what sor of power it'll make but should go a hell of a lot better than a stockie gonna bolt it together this arvo

I was looking through an old 1987 Street machine mag .It had a blown 179 in an LJ Torana and they were also using the Ford 221 crank . Those cranks were used in the old XW motors . This Torana was from South Oz and was alleged to put out 350 HP.Looked kinda strange with a blower hanging out of the left hand side of the bonnet . will post pics and specs if interested ,and when i get computer fixed.