Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who has a hot 6??

vxmad6

vx mad
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s2 executive
I've got a mate whos running a black 202 in a little torana and im telling ya. It can go!!! does low 9 sec quaters and has the slips to prove it. :)

Tin tin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore
blue 202

hey everyone, i was wondering if there is anyone out there that has done a decent job on a blue 202?
i have got a stock bluey just with a 2.5" lukey system on and i what alot more ponys can you help?
also what would be the best supercharger for it?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
A friend who runs Group N historics gets around 400hp from his 202 in an LJ coupe. They aren't around for a long time but they certainly go.

Reaper

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
prob a grand or so at a guess. if u going to go to the effort of rebuilding it put a small cam in:thumbsup:

Yeah, thats exactly right. While its all out, might as well stick some goodies in it then if you want em.

Well I know a 308 will cost about 3500 to get rebuilt and with gas heads.

So yeah, depends how much one of these will cost to rebuild wether it's really worth it or not.

If it's about a grand like you say, then that's peanuts for a motor that will be good for at least another 200,000 kms.

chuckie

chuckie
Reaction score
Members Ride
vc wagon
Hi ,202 blue motor ,i have taken 4 kg`s of crank polished shootpeened balanced ,rod`s debeamed resized balanced shootpeened,186 big valve head ,klien manifold with 2in spacer & 4 barrel 465cfm ,have LP cam with straight cut`s ,she goes ok

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Danny8....one thing to remember...you might have indeed been able to spend the money on a V8 conversion...but if you put that car in a show, everyone will walk right by "just another V8 Commodore like everyone elses"...but you will be surprised the crowds that will be drawn by a nicely detailed old-skool red motor...:thumbsup:

...and it's got nothing to do with the fact that in my back yard is a 1970 HG Kingswood, about to cop the custom treatment...satin paint, pinstripes, lowered, and the 202 in it worked up a bit...ain't no V8 going anywhere near that thing, just to be different!

HG2.jpg

guilty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S pack
heres a pic of my dads torrie

Last edited:

chuckie

chuckie
Reaction score
Members Ride
vc wagon
]well here my blue motor,& now dyno sheet ,55469[ATTACHTACH][/AT

Attachments

• dyno sheet  commodore vc.jpg
    dyno sheet commodore vc.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:

blackbedford

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina, VS Equipe Wagon
G'day
I have always been a L6 fan and after a bad run with the V6 I am still a fan of the L6. I have a Bedford CFS van and a CFL Truck setup as follows:
blue 3.3 motor, ARP rod bolts, Voodoo gas cam, Yella Terra gas 12 port head, Yella Terra roller rockers, EFI manifold, Gasresearch throttle body, and ICE Ignition Systems distributor.
I run fairly high compression and I have Bosch reduction gearbox starter motor. I have also made and installed a knock indicator for when I occasionally get a tank of bad gas (not got one locally though). The knock indicator was made from a VP knock senser and bits of the memcal installed in an old Smiths gauge. So don't throw out all of the electronics.

Performance and economy are really good. People still think I am running around in a V8.
I have been using this setup for over 4 years, and a LOT of miles, without any dramas or retuning.
Pictures of the van motor:
P.jpg

R.jpg

Q.jpg

Regards
Chris