Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who has a hot 6??

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
Had a 179 in an eh which had lap record at mallala a while back, was an group n racer.
It had a 12 port head, triple 48 webbers(45's with the choke bored out) massive cam huge valves, crane gold rollers, and a race prepped 3 speed crunch box, was fun to drive on the street, didn't loose to many races!!

Kustomification

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden HQ Ute
Oh only 320rwkw, is that all..haha

DANNY8 - Thats one of the best early girl engine bays ive ever seen. Top effort. I reckon those spces make it a 'hot' 202.

A Red Block Pops at 387 Kw, A Blue/Black Block can go up 420 Kw, If grout filled they can go up to 559 Kw,

Search GreenVK In YouTube hes got a VK Commodore with a 202. It Pumps 300 Kw and its a daily driver.

I'm hotting up the 173 in my HQ Ute, VK EFI, 12 Port Head, Gilmer Belt, Microtech MT8 Management, SC14 Supercharger, Intercooler, Treymec T56 6 Speed Manual, 9 Inch Diff,
210 Kw or more there,

Later ill get a Black Block and Twin Turbo it etc. VLTs will get a run for their money, 420 Kws and even a Dose Pipe :p

And here's a 370 Kw Blue Motor.

8383d1131695690-202-turbo-turbo-torrie.jpg

FCCOOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore,VP 5.0 calais, 2x59 FC,
not in a commodore, i have old holden with a red 179, but i painted it grey to make it look like the early six, shes got good gear in her, hot ignition and a single 2" carb, runs a trimatic machined out with extra clutches, billet servo, modified shift but full auto shifting, ive wacked on a m90 backyard blower set up with a 3.2 pulley.
pretty much cant floor it till you get out of first if you want any traction, its limited in hp by the low cfm of the single 2" SU but it still eats alot of wizz bang japa turbo ohc alloy headed computerised buzz boxes.

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
I have an injected VK that was running a Milld cam 040 bores and extractors, i have since pulled that out and started with a fresh Block, here is the list so far.

• 020 Bores using ACL low compression "unleaded pistons"
  • Diesel quality hardened valve seats
  • The bare minimum shaved of both the head and block faces
  • Crane cams valve locks
  • Roller rockers
  • Manely hardned pushrods and guide plates
  • postive seal valve stem seal
  • Secret cam grind developed with my local cam grinder
  • 020/010 ground crank
  • closed, honed and shortened Starfire conrods
  • HM Header extractors
  • 3" mild steel single muffler exhaust
  • Toyota SC14 Supercharger (yet to be mounted)
  • Toyota GT4 water to air intercooler
  • malpassi rising rate fuel pressure reg.
  • Std elec Dizzy
  • Accel super coil
  • 10mm leads
  • JP hi flow oil pump
  • JP adjustable alloy timing set

on paper, i have worked out that it should run about 7.5:1 compression, into which i am hoping to feed 12pound of boost and hopefully see around 150kw.

well at least thats the list so far

In the pipeline for the futre
Motec or microtech ECU with conversion to Fully sequential injection and 6 coil ignition and MAP sensor load instead of AFM

thats all running into a Exedy 150% clutch to a Toyota Steel case 5 speed then a VH SS brock 10 Salisbury LSD

dude ya prob be runnin a dash more kws then 150. the stock efi 202 runs 115wk which if ya put on the dino ya usually find its like 121kws.

so i recon you be lookin at at least 200 up with the turbo on.

have fun!

slayer208

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS-II Esteem
I don't know if my engine's considered as hot, but this is what it is:

3.3 VC Commodore blue engine, rebuilt and sprayed Black to suit my VK Wagon:
60thou bore-out with hypereutectic flat-top pistons - hypers for low bore wear
Decked block for zero clearance with valve reliefs
Yella Terra Alloy 12-port head
Independant adjustable roller rockers with guide plates
Crow Heavy-duty pushrods
Low wear piston rings
Isrealii connecting rods and mains bearings
High energy sump with mains bearing girdle
New camshaft bearings
JP hellical timing set
JP high-volume Oil pump
Crow 35666 camshaft
New race curved HEI distributor running Bosch transistor-type coil and champion steel leads and copper plugs
wildcat extractors
Triple 1-3/4" SU's on John Cain manifold.
reco'd "LR" Heavy-duty trimatic out of VK EFI model.
10-bolt 3.08:1 salisbury diff
+ a few extras

Car goes awesome, and is a real pleasure to drive. Throttle response and pickup is damn impressive. The old girl idles and runs like a dream. I'm so impressed with the way it performs, that I don't see the need for a V8 as it'd leave old stock 308's and 253's for dead. The engine owes me $3K+, and that's with me doing all the work myself. There's not much else i'm considering doing to her apart from maybe putting in a bigger cam sometime down the track. The cam that's in there is: 25/65 on the intake with 420thou lift, and exhaust is 75/25 with 440thou lift.

I have a VN sedan with brand new lowered king springs and monroe GT shocks right round and VX front callipers and discs. I'm hoping to pickup a VC SL/E that i've got lined up, so i can fully strip it down and replace all the suspension and braking components out of my vn. It'd be an awesome project to fully strip-down and re-spray the SL/E, use the good stuff out of my VN and then transplant the VK motor into the SL/E. Basically my project for the year. Other than that, i'm currently overhauling a 5-speed for the VK.

MyVKWithTriples2.jpg

Cheers!

slayer208

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS-II Esteem
Also, I wouldn't mind replacing the wildcat extractors with EFI ones, seeing as they're far more efficient. THey should clear with the SU manifold as it leans upwards and will totally clear!

Cheers!

slayer208

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS-II Esteem
Those 2" SU carbies work great. Deliver the fuel and atomise it quite nicely. I'm running triple 1-3/4's. Wonder what my old engine would do with the 2" ones. Scary to drive as it is. Would only scare me more. lol

slayer208

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS-II Esteem
Yeah, I have. Got a cain manifold on a 3.3 blue motor. Can't ask for any better. I've had dozens of Holdens but this one with the triples is by far the best. I've owned loads of different carbie systems and power-tuned them from single barrel strombergs, WW2's, weber ADM's, and 350 Holleys but none of them can compare to the triples. Throttle response and acceleration is to die for. IMO the best mod you could ever do for the old holden six.

Cheers!

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Had few hot 6's over the years.

This one run Mid twelves -

GTR1.jpg

GTR2.jpg

GTR3.jpg

This one run 10.0 @ 135
Supercharged 202 Fuel Injected running Methanol.
Roughly 550Hp Red motor.
Massive HP per Cubic inch.
The fastest time slips were sold with the car but heres one i have kept.

air_03_05_001b.jpg

Gemmi1.JPG

Mates car , should be good for 9 seconds, its now Turbo.
Spent along time building it, full chasis setup.

EH1.JPG

EH2.JPG

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Those 2" SU carbies work great. Deliver the fuel and atomise it quite nicely. I'm running triple 1-3/4's. Wonder what my old engine would do with the 2" ones. Scary to drive as it is. Would only scare me more. lol

Tried and tested and i can tell you a 500 4 barrel holley on a Cain manifold works better.