Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who here is a fire fighter?

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
I usually pose this question on most forums i become a part of. I'm always curious to know who are firies...... it's often surprising just how many people on these forums are a member of a brigade.

Who is a firie? paid, unpaid, which agency?

My brigade is based in Scone, called "Kingdon Ponds" of which i am the captain. Part of the NSW Rural Fire Service.
Some of our work is bush and grassland fires... the majority of it is MVA's, which is unfortunate, but being based on the New England Hwy, it's part of the territory.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
Fire fighter with CFA victoria mostly grass and scrub fires, MVAs some structure fires MVAs are worst

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
family has history for being in the brigades, 3 generations, ive applied, had an interview, and now waiting for a position to open, this is paid, and is via NSW FB,

Hunter SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
im not involved with the fire fighters but im an emergency first aider, volunteer (unpaid), i do first aid at public events and when there are tragedies with mass casualities such as the recent bushfires here.

St Johns? talked to quite a few of them when i was down in Healesville

Fire fighter with CFA victoria mostly grass and scrub fires, MVAs some structure fires MVAs are worst
Talked to a lot of the CFA guys at Healesville as well. Great bunch of guys

family has history for being in the brigades, 3 generations, ive applied, had an interview, and now waiting for a position to open, this is paid, and is via NSW FB,
We work closely with the NSWFB here in town since both services signed a "Mutual Aid Agreement" so we often get responded to the structural fires here in town, and they get responded to the MVA's out of town.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Firefighter here in NSW Rural Fire Service, unpaid volunteer.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
yeh ex NSW RFS

Im a section 44 operator or whatever its called (if its even called anything), I keep up to date in case we ever have a Canberra 2002/03 or Victoria 2009 type scenareo here in aus and resources are stretched.

Hunter SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
yeh ex NSW RFS

Im a section 44 operator or whatever its called (if its even called anything), I keep up to date in case we ever have a Canberra 2002/03 or Victoria 2009 type scenareo here in aus and resources are stretched.

I.C maybe? OPS Commander? Logistics? there's a few