Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who here uses Photobucket?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
It looks like Photobucket have updated their terms and conditions, which means that existing users will be unable to share their photo's without paying $100-400 (U.S.) to the company.

You may have already noticed many missing links over this first forum and a number of others. A real shame, since so much great information has been lost, and the effort of forum users to collate their information on forums has gone to waste.

Of course, this doesn't stop with forums. Many businesses relied on Photobucket for their image hosting, which means that they'll either have to pay the fees or take their business elsewhere.

Read more here: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...obuckets-ransom-images-debacle-191026772.html

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Yup....sucks. Havent changed my sig yet.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yep, I did use it. Bugger paying their ransom though.

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
Was it free before? I've never used it.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Was it free before? I've never used it.
Yep was free to share images, just checked some of my old car threads and all the photos are gone from the forum basically.
Hopefully they change it back.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Interestingly, my pics are still showing.

My PB account must be in stealth mode !

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Mine pics still work, I use the iPhone app.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
From what I can gather, they're in the process of restricting accounts. Looks like everybody's slowly losing their photobucket privileges.

It's a real shame, there were great photos on AV8 in how-to threads by Tony Knight and a number of others.

Personally, I've been using Imgur for quite a while and haven't had a problem with it. I never used Photobucket as I had a few problems with it, and after trying it on a few different computers I gave up. It used to take 30+ minutes just to upload one photo.

Maybe the damage is already done to their reputation and there's no coming back - even if they do remove the restrictions?

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
They have been phasing this in over the last week or so, some users had their account updated early, some are yet to be stung. Rest assured, they will get around to everybody eventually.

This is no better than these ransomware attacks that are coming out of Russia, except it's clear who to point the finger at (or give the finger to) in this case.

Even if they reversed their decision now (which I doubt) the damage has been done as far as I'm concerned, they've shown what they're made of and their lack of ethics, so screw 'em.

At least on this forum we are able to go back and re-link any affected images (thanks to the admin team)!

Andrew

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Obviously there is no limit to corporate greed. Is Photobucket connected to Google in any way?