Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who is a Fan or is against VR / VS Clear Lights

Aftermarket Clear Lights VR / VS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Monaro - Game Over 4 VR /VS

Hey Fellas Thanks for all who responded and voted so far , looks like the vr lights are not gettin the rating but who cares ne way! lol

The Monaro lights on the VT / VX gives a much different aspect of sport if you get me. There off a Monaro Gees u can have Monaro Bonnets, Lights, Interior parts, Rims, Guards and why do people put em on there Vt'S ETC because yeah there Phat. I beleive a owner of a VN Calais is just 2 keep things simple and effective like nice alloys, nice paint, lowered and nice stereo not 20 stickers,6" exhaust, jap lights and so on. The vr /vs ones just dont have the same characteristics of a great australian icon like the Monaro. :rofl:

Last edited:

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
have tosay they look great.....makes the car look heaps newer

N

nathanb

I don't mind them on a car with the right mods - I even contemplated a set for my car, but I've decided not to but more because they are too common now, and too many people put them on a car which is otherwise stock and that's when it looks like it's a :rice: car.

I'd also make the comment that they look crap with the standard rear garnish.

One weird thing is I've seen them on a lt of VR's but not a lot of VS's... I wonder what's up with that?

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
i dont like the design on them

yeah i want to change my tail lights but a better design would be better
like the layout of the standard lights but clear

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
The only reason I am contemplating them for our VS-II Berlina is cost. Yeah, they look Ok and are something different, but when you can get them for $200 a set, that's gotta be a bargain.
One of our taillights has been broken slightly by some chump with (I guess) a shopping trolley, and it is now slowly cracking up. I don't want to risk a heart attack by going to Holden and asking the price of new ones, and the local wreckers don't have any VR/VS Commodores anyway.

However, I do agree that a different design based more on the original lights pattern might look better instead of the ricey projectors all over the place.
The trouble is that VR/VS models are getting a bit old now...aftermarket makers will probably concentrate more on the newer models, and that is where you will see the innovation.

M

mwb235

I bought a set for my white VR Calais but only left them on for a week. I didn't like the yellow plastic in the indicators, clear plastic with an orange bulb would look better. the red plastics between the boot part and the outer parts seemed a different shade, too (maybe my eyesight is farked?) :eek:hmy:

I asked the place I bought them off about who makes them, etc, and they couldn't tell me the name. Some place in SE Asia apparently with no website. I thought of putting the lamps in hot water to soften the seals, so I could take out the orange plastic and replace it with clear. But I thought, why bother? Stock rear lights with a legal tint (clear paint with drops of black in it) look better anyway.

It's a pity someone doesn't make some aftermarket lights in the same style as stock, BUT using the same sort of red & clear plastic as on VX Calais. But I spose VR/VS is too old for anyone to spend the time and money on making such a kit. The depo rear lights are only available 'cause they're cheap and nasty! ($200 = cheap = nasty) :mad:

BUT the depo headlights and front indicators are different though - they look cool. :air:

DIABLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 5.7ltr
they dont look RICEY if there on the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello my fellow commodore lovers

The VR/Vs commo lights look absolutly wicked if there on the right kind of car. I own a red vr s pak standard fe2 suspension with 17" brock directors and i have them and they look really good (especially when ur speding away from 300 zx'es :whistling ). So ne 1 who doesnt like them and says they look like **** r wrong, but its all in personal taste and what you are trying to do with your car :b:

:ranting:

Cheers d chef

V

vsclarion4u

Wombat said:
The only reason I am contemplating them for our VS-II Berlina is cost. Yeah, they look Ok and are something different, but when you can get them for $200 a set, that's gotta be a bargain.
One of our taillights has been broken slightly by some chump with (I guess) a shopping trolley, and it is now slowly cracking up. I don't want to risk a heart attack by going to Holden and asking the price of new ones, and the local wreckers don't have any VR/VS Commodores anyway.

However, I do agree that a different design based more on the original lights pattern might look better instead of the ricey projectors all over the place.
The trouble is that VR/VS models are getting a bit old now...aftermarket makers will probably concentrate more on the newer models, and that is where you will see the innovation.

hey man, u may wanna try a search on ebay, ive seen stockies on there before for pplz who have the clearies and are gettin rid of their old ones...

i luved em when just the odd car had them. made me stare like crazy.. but now it's just like. yeah wateva. no different. in order to be cool it's gotta be unique. just gettin really sick of em. :bang:

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
if your talking about the altezza tail lights put me in the dislike category
if your talking about the clear indicators on the side put me in the agree category