Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who lives in a court?

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Which is better living in a street or a court?Does everybody live in each others faces because you are so close in a court?Sorry house hunting for a friend.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I live in a street, the kids are always playing in the street with complete disregard for their neighboors property (kicking their balls into parked cars, throwing tree branches on the road, shouting abuse etc.) while the parents either don't know about this or don't care... avoid children and teenagers :p

edit: and my neighboors across the road with loud... ancestry happily shouting at each other (apparently having a normal conversation from what I can hear - very well)

Last edited:

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
I know a few people that pretty much live in court.... or jail.....

I live in a street though....

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
I know a few people that pretty much live in court.... or jail.....

lol thats along the lines of what i was thinking this thread was about when i seen the title

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
the upside to a court is the lack of traffic.
Children can safely go out in the court and play cricket or footy or whatever.
the downside i guess is the nosey neighbours (a street isnt as bad since its just the neighbours each side of your house).

the downside to a street is the amount of traffic that travels it.

which is better - it depends on what you like in life i guess.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
well in my street we get the fully sick ricers they go doof doof doof all night long cos they fully sick i supose a court woldnt have this problem unless you get dick head neighbours but you cant really tell till youve lived there a few weeks anyway id say jut find a place that you like and take i from there

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I live in a court and it's great for the kids to be able to get out and ride around without fear of being mowed down by some speeding driver. I think it's ok regardless, just my opinion.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have lived on streets and courts. All other things being equal - I'd choose the court every time. Less traffic, quiet and out of the way. Whilst you can have the whole "Neighbors" community thing happening it is not necessary. Mine are great - have a quick chat over the fence once and a while - they will call the police if a moving van rocks up whilst I'm away from home but otherwise everybody minds their own businesses. (Oh he gave me a couple of crownies after I mowed his front yard when he was on hols :))

Reaper

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
It really depends on the neighbours. I've lived in a court and although there was slightly less traffic than most streets, the neighbours weren't necessarily quiet. On side of us I am sure the neighbours were dealing drugs or doing something dodgy. They would have many visitors late at night come and go and also regularly have drinking sessions in their back yard, talking very loudly and generally with music playing... and not just on weekends. The other side of us was a bunch of teenagers that obviously didn't have jobs. They were ALWAYS home and they had a couple of old supra's on their front lawn that they played with all the time... starting them up and revving the hell out of them with their loud exhausts. They also had a mate that would visit regularly who drove a V8 stato and you could almost guarantee he would rip a skid every time he left.
Other than that the lack of traffic was great... but like I said, street or court, it really depends on the behaviour of your neighbours.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
i live on both a court and a street (corner block) really not much difference between the 2