Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who loves their vf?

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
After having read though all the pages in the faults and defects thread I'm a bit dubious now about buying a new vf.
I have a 60th anniversary ve ute that I love and it has been faultless, but I want to buy an ssv redline ute sometime before they stop making them.
My missus is also considering a sv6 sedan .
I love holdens but I'm concerned about the problems people have been having. Very concerned that these problems might get worse the closer it comes to the end for all the holden workers who might understandably decide not to care about their work quality anymore .
We always hear from people with problems , just would like to hear some feedback from people who've had no trouble and love their vf's.

jasonjea

Reaction score
Website
www.aus-chat.com
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 UTE
I dont have problem with my VF SV6 ute and i LOVE it :D

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
This my first ever Holden.
I have traditionally been a Ford/Chrysler man and the last car was a BMW coupe.

I bought a Redline and I friggin love it.
It is the best car by a mile and sure it has had a few niggly little things, but overall it is fantastic.
My only wish is that it the V8 sound was more pronounced but that is nothing I cant fix.

Last edited:

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Good to hear people, keep the good news coming. I go into the local holden place and sit in a redline ute every so often as motivation. I've never owned a v 8 and its on my bucket list. Pisses me off that they are going to stop making them!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
original

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I really love my vf ssv I'm on 3500km now. I've had a number of issues which they have fixed no problem except 2. One is wind noise through drivers window which a new seal is coming out for in about 2 months and my second issue is passenger door rattle. I've had the car in twice now and they recon they have fixed it but it keeps coming back!

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Forums are for people with questions and problems, not happy stories, so of course you will find more negative than positive.
Buy one and worry about it later.

mccredline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline wagon
Love my new Redline wagon, just completed a trip from Mid North Coast to Sydney, four people and luggage, fuel consumption was 9.2l per 100 (average), also liked that other drivers had to back off on the bends.