Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who machine's wheels?

the collector

the collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
rodeo dual cab
rim job

adelaide wheel and rim
extensive wheel service
a engineer who will touch wheels(not many)
good luck

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
anybody knw the dimensions of it? just so you guys knw i got a set of ve ceptors 16x7 steel rims..

rang a machine place 2day n they justd askd for dimensions of it so if any 1 knws that wud be good

other then that i might just go to wheel worx

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
??? They take minimal shear load however the torsional forces can be quite high. The studs are all that hold the wheels to your hub. As for the clamping area, the issue may take a while to develop as you will have a high pressure area on the wheel that can cause a point for failure over time. Think of it this way, clamping force distributed over a small area vs the same clamping force distributed over a much larger (at least twice) area = lower pressure at any one point.

Reaper

agreed, thus why i said it'd be something i'll get around to rectifying.

ummm dijm8, i'd seriously rethink getting your steel wheels machined... alloys have been done over and over, but if you PM Torquative and ask him about the ve ceptors he got to put on his vz, he'll be able to fill you in on exactly why its an especially bad idea to machine the steel wheels. Ultimately he ended up selling the ve steelies and got some vz ones instead.