Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
Ok just a question regarding peoples first cars who paid you or your parents and what type of car was it

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
olds bought the vn for me, a whole $500, i paid to get it on the road, and everything since.

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
my parents refuse to let me buy a car and fix it up let along buy it for me they say they dont want a piece of crap that doesnt move sitting in the garage but there happy to have a 1984 toyota corona that doesnt move there

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I've EARNT and paid for all my cars. Would never expect mum to pay for my car, she has lent me money for parts that I desperatly needed, but thats as far as it goes and I still feel bad asking her for money.

What I cant stand is little rich boys knocking my car when their parents bought them a brand new car, but I do laugh when they write it off in a couple of weeks. They dont EARN it, so they have no respect for it.
I got in a heated argument with my ex's family as they were talking about their family friends who I also know. When they said the kid got a brand new sports BMW for his 18th, I expressed my opinion but tryed to shut me down saying he saved his own money for the car. Yeah right, he didnt saved 80 grand for the car, his parents gave him the money which he chose to spend on poofter car. But because his parents gave him the money then he spent it, they dont see it as his parents bought him a car WTF. sorry rant over.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
so save the cash and buy something thats roadworthy and looks reasonably good. they cant call it a piece of crap then.

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
thats it u see it everyday mummy and daddy buying there kids a car and them writing it off coz they didnt work there butt off for it they didnt do 38 hour weeks and make the money they sat on their prissy high chairs and get rewarded with a brand new bmw then next week its written it off and mummy is buying them a better car

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Dad gave me my first car, i didnt expect hime too. But i dont think they would give him much for a trade in when he bought a new car so he just kept it in the yard till i got my licence.
I disagree with the the "got given it so dont appreciate it comment", i appreciated my first car very much and took car of it very well, even though it had rust holes through the roof, i always taped over then twice a week when it came off:D and seviced it regulary. On my apprentice wages it was a blessing just to have a car as it was expensive enough just keeping oil, fuel and parts up to it. Oh yeah it was a brown 1983 mazda panel van, with rear seat and windows conversion.

Jacobjac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim II '99
First car is the car I have now. I paid for it. $10k from a yard for a stocky. Not much time has passed and I could now get it $10k privately pre-fitted with all of the mods I'm wanting.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Dad paid 200 for a HD wagon with a stripped timming gear. Had it going in a giffy.

First upgrade was radial retreads.:)

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Paid for my first 2 cars :D and yes I kick myself when something goes wrong...i dont have a rich mummy or daddy to buy me a 2 day old bmw...