Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

blakey1505

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Equipe
Given you've only owned one car I'm not sure what you're basing that claim off, but it's just not true.

The VE has a lot of electronic wizardry in, like TC/ESC, which takes a lot of the human variability out of the equation and levels the playing field considerably, so the VE might now be such a bad car for new drivers as the older models were. All that said the fact still stands that power understeer, as you'd have in a FWD is a much easier situation to correct than power oversteer.

Go find yourself an Excel and a VN Commodore, give each one a flog around a sharp corner in the rain and you'll quickly change your tune.

As for safety features - like what? A Corolla hatch has a better ANCAP rating than your SV6.
umm heres an idea.. dont drive like a maniac wen its raining? seems smart to me, whether ur in an sv6 or a ford ka

gelousi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Berlina 195i
Old man bought me my 1986 Corolla which i thought was a shitbox till i realised it was a 4AGE :D best car ever then swapped that for rx7 sold that dad bought a celica sold that bought a vlt swapped for a vn exec 5ltr swapped that for a r32 skyline sold that for 6,5 bought a vl wagon turbo'd it and now swapped it for a VR berlina 185i so for a $1700 car ive gone a fair way haha