Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

Juztin

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS UTE Auto
Well I got a VT for my first car / Birthday present but am paying 1/3, insurance and rego which I believe is fair enough.

I haven't really had a quick look through the thread "I'll get around to it one day ;] haha"

But what do you guys think about parents/Yourselves and paying half the cost or more to help our your youngin ;P.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Well I got a VT for my first car / Birthday present but am paying 1/3, insurance and rego which I believe is fair enough.

I haven't really had a quick look through the thread "I'll get around to it one day ;] haha"

But what do you guys think about parents/Yourselves and paying half the cost or more to help our your youngin ;P.

The only ones who would care are the ones whose parents can't afford or could not at the time afford to do it. Seriously, who would turn down a free car from anyone?

VSIIISU

Reaction score
Website
tuxsavvy.vox.com
Members Ride
VS III S Yewt
I wouldn't have turned down had I have been really spoilt as a child. Obviously free stuff is really nice but then one will lack appreciation for what the car truly is for apart from just being a `toy' to add into the collection and then abandoning it when they are offered newer `toys'.

Paying half the cost gives people some opportunity to understand that money doesn't come from the skies or that it grows on trees. Of course this maybe hard for some people, but I reckon its a lesson that ought to be learned to prevent dependence. A spoilt child may more likely to demand and expect rather than appreciate for what they have got.

Reaction score
Just like people who complain about parents doing it are idiots.

I myself will make sure my kids are driving around in brand new cars once they get their L's. Had my parents had their way I would of had a VR Commodore when I got my licence in 94, no way in hell I was giving up my turbo rotary.

Sounds like your jealous, must of been hard growing up and only affording a $2000 car.

it would seem that you're on drugs :)

lol

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I wouldn't have turned down had I have been really spoilt as a child. Obviously free stuff is really nice but then one will lack appreciation for what the car truly is for apart from just being a `toy' to add into the collection and then abandoning it when they are offered newer `toys'.

Paying half the cost gives people some opportunity to understand that money doesn't come from the skies or that it grows on trees. Of course this maybe hard for some people, but I reckon its a lesson that ought to be learned to prevent dependence. A spoilt child may more likely to demand and expect rather than appreciate for what they have got.

What a crock, do people really think families with money do not appreciate things? Think you watch too much TV.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
im glad i had to buy my first car. gave me a bit of appreciation, my money so i took good care of my investment., clean it once a wek etc. went to school with a ick whos parents bought him a brand new crewman (loaded family, waterfront house etc) and last i saw him he was coming sideways around a corner on a main road revving the **** ot of it with it looking dirty.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
im glad i had to buy my first car. gave me a bit of appreciation, my money so i took good care of my investment., clean it once a wek etc. went to school with a ick whos parents bought him a brand new crewman (loaded family, waterfront house etc) and last i saw him he was coming sideways around a corner on a main road revving the **** ot of it with it looking dirty.

lol, driving sideways and having a dirty car is only done by the rich? Thats how you make it sound.

My car is always filthy, who can be bothered cleaning the bloody thing each week, after all its just a car. Carbon build up on wheels FTW!

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i lived on a dirt road. it was hard not to get it sideways and dirty. I paid for it myself. (1.2k of private dirt before anyone starts that sooky crap).

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i lived on a dirt road. it was hard not to get it sideways and dirty. I paid for it myself. (1.2k of private dirt before anyone starts that sooky crap).

LOL our driveway on the farm was about 800 metres long, used to get awesome action going down that baby, still do when I go out there :D

Don't think Ill ever grow out of that lol