Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

VSIIISU

Reaction score
Website
tuxsavvy.vox.com
Members Ride
VS III S Yewt
What a crock, do people really think families with money do not appreciate things? Think you watch too much TV.

No I meant those who are offered free things do not necessarily appreciate the things. Not familes with monies. Read carefully.

zouse

I Love my VT
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt acclaim
My parents didnt want me to get a 3.8L coz of the petrol, but i got my way in the end, i worked my holidays out and got it for 6500$ borrowed 2 grand of dad but paid it back..
i wanted to buy it so i can feel like i owen it! lol and i did !

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I paid for my first car, $1500 LX Torana, red 202. had it 3 years before it rusted away, then bought a VH SLX, blue 202 for 3000, 4 years later it died, then bought my VS for 12.
Still got the chrome speedy wheels off the torana if anyone WTB.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
lol, driving sideways and having a dirty car is only done by the rich? Thats how you make it sound.

My car is always filthy, who can be bothered cleaning the bloody thing each week, after all its just a car. Carbon build up on wheels FTW!

speaking of carbon buildup, has anyone noticed that BMWs are the worst for this? every one i see had black wheels on the front and silver on the back

Juztin

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS UTE Auto
Yeah but im coming from a family with no money so it lucky i've even got a car at all lol

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
speaking of carbon buildup, has anyone noticed that BMWs are the worst for this? every one i see had black wheels on the front and silver on the back

Yeh, i think its the standard issue pads, the bosses 7 series is horrendous for it. Wonder if it has much to do with warmer drier temps over here so the pad compounds arent as suited to Australian conditions?

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
No I meant those who are offered free things do not necessarily appreciate the things. Not familes with monies. Read carefully.
It really comes down to values. Do you give your kids free food or do you make them pay for it to "appreciate it" or deserve it?. Hell, send them down the mines when they are fourteen, then they'll really understand food doesnt grow on trees.......or perhaps it does.

If you cant give your own kids the best you can afford, who else is it worth spending on? Parents can choose to be "cheap" in other areas, not give their kids a plasma each......but where their very survival and safety is concerned why not give them the best one can afford.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
what the flying f*ck are you on about?

parents, who spend thousands of dollars on their 16 year old kids first car, are idiots, end of story.

Actually.... Just thinking this thru.... If I were ever in that situation, I would prefer to loan/chipin/whatever my kid a few thousand and make sure he/she/it had a safe car rather then them cutting corners on something mega cheap that is a potential death trap. Furthermore, having contributed to the purchase of such car, I could exercise more influence into what was bought. Lets face it - 17-18 yo's are more prone to making dumb choices like that.

Reaper

CroXtreme

Cro18
Reaction score
Members Ride
black commodore SV6 VE
thats it u see it everyday mummy and daddy buying there kids a car and them writing it off coz they didnt work there butt off for it they didnt do 38 hour weeks and make the money they sat on their prissy high chairs and get rewarded with a brand new bmw then next week its written it off and mummy is buying them a better car

my 1st car my mum bought it for me for $2000. A 1995 hyundai lantra GLS. I got a job 3 months ago and i worked 67 hours a week as a labourer in the civil construction industry for 2 months and now i got a loan for a brand new VE sv6 and i bought it. Now im working 59.5 hours a week and paying off the car.
I am working my ass off to pay off the car which means i will take good care of my beast :)

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
bought my first vl, then gave it to dad..

bought my second vl, gave it to my dad.

bought my third car, a vt, enjoying it for a few years =]

then ill get rid of it and get vx calais ls1, should be under 8 grand in a few years, yyeeeaaaahhh... no rich parents for me boys, living life the hard way, finding out the hard way. no bmw's for me