Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by VryNeat, Sep 20, 2008.

1. HAZZA-VN

HAZZA-VN New Member

Members Ride:
    BLACK VY SS :)
    First car was a ke70 when i was 14 i got for $100 fixed the motor had rust cut out ended up owing me $280 all bought with money from working saturday mornings in a tyre store lol drove it of and on for 2 yrs then recently sold it for $600

Then i got a 94 diahatsu Charade for $80 with a motor in bits in the boot, was given it but at 15 i didn't feel right getting given a car so i gave mums mate what i had in my wallet, fixed that owed me $650 including rego by the time it was done sold it for $3200 bit of a profit, all with my own money

then that paid for my first vn, then that was sold to by my old vn then that was sold when loss of license now i bought another after saving

Would never feel right having a car given to me as id consider it like they had more of a right to it than me,

Have a mate at 19 was given a $13,000 Vr clubpsort, had around $10,000 spent on it and yet hes paid for non of it lol hes very lucky better car than his bloody parents

2. edals

edals Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE Equipe
    I paid for my first car, a Nissan Pintara 87 GXE (oo upmarket lol) with like 400k on the clock or more. the clock stopped at 255k half way of its life, was my nan and pops car. Gotta love the 8 spark system lol. And its had a blown head gasket for a good 2 years and still goes strong lol Last time i drove it got 0-100 in about 11 -12 seconds lol
    I bought it to learn how to drive as i did not want a good car as a learner. Then bought my Bike with the help of a loan, then bought the VX with help a Loan. Then Gave the Pintara to my dad as him and mum split, and he only had a bike, then sold my bike as its impossible to find $$ for both along with rent and everything else that comes with life.
    I was tempted to make the pintara a sleeper though but went no. I want a commie lol

3. calais24/7

calais24/7 Mucca Mad Boys

Members Ride:
    VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
    I pay for the vl and everything to go with it including tyres rego and insurance

4. v8commy

v8commy Banned

Members Ride:
    vk calais 5.0
    vk calais 5.0 i paid half of 3k and have spent an easy 5k on it now and still loving it

5. Darren_L

Darren_L Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VH SS
    I paid for my first car in 1989 on apprentices wages...
    VH SL 3.3L auto sedan
    $4500

6. jafo

jafo lurker since 2003

Members Ride:
    1999 wh statesman
    i paid for my first 2 cars
    1 was a morris minor $175 from the car yard i worked at when i was 16 i was getting paid $75 a week back then as a car detailer
    2 car was a VB commodore paid all up $13,000 finance sucks
    3rd car was given to me VC commodore that lasted 5 years till the engine went
    4th car was given to me as well a 19?? Valiant regal fuel guzzler this car lasted 3 years till i traded it in on the next car.
    5th car VS commodore once again finance job paid way too much for it but it lasted 6 years
    6th car is my current one i paid $7.999 cash worked in the same company for 7 long years to get this prorata and spent it all in one go but worth it as i really like the stato

if you put up with the amount of abuse i did for 7 years you would appreciate the the car you have

to all those little rich mummys boys and girls get a job and buy it yourself 90% of you who dont work dont appreciate what you have when you dont have to pay for it with money you earnt

7. VS_Pete

VS_Pete Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
    SV1 Valiant I got it for $300
    Here is a pic of one not mine.
    It was a push button auto. The buttons were on the right hand side of the dash panel.

Valiant SV1 Specifications

8. HAZZA-VN

HAZZA-VN New Member

Members Ride:
    BLACK VY SS :)
    there worth a lot of money now lol,

9. boonga

boonga New Member

Members Ride:
    vz s pack ute
    iv had 4 (2 padock bashers)

1.chrysler sigma
    2.datto 120y
    3.vr s pack ute
    4.cbr250rr

paid for all myself working part time at a takeaway. got an apprentiship now but im only 17 but i deffenetly think you should buy your own

10. jesse'sVT5.0

jesse'sVT5.0 New Member

Members Ride:
    VT SS Series 1
    Hi,

I got a bank loan to buy my first transport which was a brand new Honda NSR150SP road bike. When it came time for a car my first was an '88 Honda CRX, in hind sight it was a **** box but nice at the time.

I think my mother would have helped me if she could, my mum was a single Mother and my brother, sister and I owe her the world for what she did for us. On the flip side I now have children and when the time comes I want to help them out... But they are going to have to earn it. I can't just hand over keys, there has to be a lesson to learn somewhere in it.

cheers

11. PhatCommy

PhatCommy Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais, VR Wagon
    I bought my mums VR for $3000 which I still have

12. SHANBANGER

SHANBANGER Der Meister

Members Ride:
    1997 VS S2
    My first car and current car is a 97 vs auto, i paid 2.6k for it while my mum paid 2k. Ive paid for every mod since though

13. brandon17

brandon17 BD-76-SR

Members Ride:
    SV6 vz, vt clubby =P
    brought my first car a month ago, VR acclaim, was only $1500, paid for it will all my money because i dont live with the parents.

14. doms3

doms3 Banned

Members Ride:
    Vz
    Nope ,first car was payed for by parents .series 3 bluebird,then they helped me buy a vp in 98 .since then have bought all my own.But when my kids are old enough I will be buying em a car for sure.

15. JonnyDe

JonnyDe Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6
    This is a strange question.

My first car i drove around in was a HJ61 landcruiser, which i still have. my dad lent that to me to use.

Then my older sister somehow blew up the transmission in her Mitsubishi verada, causing the TCM to malfuntion. We didnt know that at the time and replaced the tranny. car didnt work so she gave it to me, not working. I spent time on it, did research and found out about the TCMs and replaced it.

Drove that around for ages. Just go myself a 07 SV6 by myself. So i gave the verada to my dad and he gave me the crusier.

16. 06vzcalais

06vzcalais New Member

first car i bought was wen i was 14 a FORD 500, i payed $50 for it off a mate, it was unregistered onlly mods were a boot full of batteries which soon tipped over and leaked all over the fuel tank and soon through into the tank melted the whole fuel system from the tank to the carb. i had to suck thru the fuel line every k to get it home, mind you i could taste acid for a month ended up sick as a dog so i burnt it

second car was a subaru leone at 17 bought it off my cousin (a mechanic who gets his coleague to write his rego certs) $900 12 months rego and full of rust 5 speed manual front wheel drive (full of power my friends)

3rd car was when i was 18 subaru leone fuel injected this time in mint condition (some old guy owned it from new) $4000 but an auto (i then turned my previous ride into a rally car and hit a big log with it sold it to a mate then they literally wrapped it round a hardwood fence post it still sits in my front yard now) both cars are in my yard still

4th car Holden VZ Calais $38 000 just before my 20th bday 50% finance 50% cash

17. Adds_05

Adds_05 Member

Members Ride:
    VT SS 5.7L
    first car was a vk berlina,owned by an old bloke from new,reco EFI 202,paid $1000 for it,i had $800 and borrowed $200 from mum and payed that back the next week.
    since then ive had a vn, vr, vq stato,currently have a vr ss and vy wagon,all payed for by myself(well technically the vy is under finance but being payed off by me)
    im glad i payed for them myself,it makes you have more respect for them,i know people that have had a few cars bought for them and dont give a **** about them,doesnt pay a cent in repairs or services for them

18. BassVN

BassVN New Member

Members Ride:
    Holden VN
    first car was a holden barina, ended up giving it to my parents (too small of a car) then bought 2 ford XF's (had few people say they're good cars :axe: to them) to use one for parts, one to drive... bad idea. biggest piece of crap i've ever driven, had that many problems trying to get it on the road, definitely going to get rid of it and buy a vn-vs. :banstick: damn ford.

19. wormbo2

wormbo2 MaddoSS

Members Ride:
    VX SS1 sedan
    Does it count if mum and dad bought it with MY money? i was saving for 2 years, occasionally dipping into funds for necessities, but MY money = MY first car?
    91 Nissan Pulsar, 1.8ltr big block.

20. stooie

stooie Stui

Members Ride:
    vy executive series ll
    I bought my first car for 9000 and it is a vy commodore executive