Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

Sharoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Grandpa Spec 5.7L VX Berlina
I had to buy my own car. There's 5 kids in the family so there's no way mum and dad could've brought us all one!

I brought a VP Commodore from my brothers friend for $1200. I was only going to keep it until I learnt to drive but I fell in love with it and kept it. Ive had it for 2 years and SOLD it today :(

I got a loan and brought a 2001 VX Executive on Wednesday.
Its so much nicer but I will miss the vp!

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Paid off my first car. 77 TC Gemini.. My mother had it on finance as i was to young at the time. But i paid the bill off about $250 per month back in 92, Until i got my p's. I never actually had it in my name though. So technically my VP might be my first registered car. Picked that up for $1700 off a friend cash.

Fr3ak+--

Closed On Monday
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Exec 5 Speed
i bought my first car 98 vt $10,000 paid cash fro it too

i wish i had that kinda money again

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
My Dad and I went shopping when I was 16. He wanted a new TV. Dad ended up with the top of the line twin tuner Samsung at the time for $2,500!

After we left Harvey Norman, we went looking for cars for me. He bought me my first car - a 1980 Datsun Sunny - for $1250.

Datsuns never die! No matter what you throw at them. Was a great first car and I still pay him out for spending more on his new TV than on my first car! Traded it in at a dealer for $1000 2 years later...

If I ever have kids, their first cars won't cost them anything. They have more important things (like studying) to worry about than working pathetic jobs for peanuts so they can buy their first car!

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
i didnt pay for my first car (88 VN with 325 000 on the clock) cost $750 but i paid for rego, RWC and everything to get it on road which was about 200 bucks...sold it for 700 to me mate with around 350 000 on it (still running)

The current car i have i did pay for with my own money, Its a 1996 VS commodore that had 76 000 on thye clock, cost me 2200 from a car dealer (only that cheap cause i knew him ) that was about 3 months ago now...i would have still had the VN if i didnt stop in that day to say hi (to car dealer guy)

oh and i also brought another vn that i used for parts ...which i still have....gotta strip it more and get rid of it haha that cost me 150 bucks plus 50 bucks to get it towed haha. It runs but did have a ****ed flex plate in it resulting it the starter not turning engine had everything in it except front seats and rear bumnber...oh and near new brake master cylinder and booster which came in handy as the one on me vn was leaking badly...

SamssuperVT

VT Calais L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 1999 Supercharged
it is true what they say "if u don't earn it u don't appreciate it". my dad and mum bought me my first car which was a 1997 vt s supercharged, i did take good care of it on the outside mainly coz i worked at a carwash at the time, but i thought i was invincible. i just got my license and was already trying to drift around every single corner, nearly died a couple of times in the rain, doing 360's nearly hitting poles, then one day smacked into a pole at 80km/h +, and broke a couple of my ribs and stuffed my bladder up, but i'm ok now thank god. i've learnt my lesson. every kid should earn his car with his own money......this is what i did to my car

from this
samssupervt-albums-my-vt-s-supcharged-1997-calais-supercharged-ii-1999-picture2278-my-baby.jpg

to this
samssupervt-albums-my-vt-s-supcharged-1997-calais-supercharged-ii-1999-picture2279-my-baby-dead.jpg

i am getting a new one soon - self earned this time

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
My dad got me my first car and I believe went halves with my grandparents for it. He was a used car dealer so he picked it up quite cheap for the time. VN commodore on gas for $2000, back when I was 15 (got it for my 16th birthday). A few months later put on an sv89 bodykit that just happened to be lying around in our backyard amongst all the other car crap. Later on I bought VY SS mags for it, before they were the 'in thing'.

Saw the car the other day, some P plater thrashing it around.. bodykit still looks great :)

I was extremely grateful when I got that car, kept it spotless and worked hard on it. Like others have said above, my parents agreed to get me the car as long as I worked hard at school. I did that and I've benefited in more ways than one. Definitely do the same for my kids one day.

647860_15_full.jpg

Last edited:

twinturbo5l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive 5ltr
i paid for all my cars

on my L's i had 84 alfa that i paid 2500 for and my bro blow the motor up in it cost me 2800 to fixs then got a alfa 75 that i paid 11000 for and blow the motor up with in 6 months also had a VK 308 brock look alike and about 4 more cars......yes was on my L's for a long time:D

P1's i had 3 hilix that was all moded also blow the motor up in one of them had 2 60 landcruisers also blow the motor in one of them

P2's still had one landcruiser that i sold and now have the VP V8

Paytz

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Exec
my first car a paid for and my bike i never had a rich mummy or daddy or even a family i was a care of the state child.
if i had a family that brought me a car then so be it but your all saying that if you were well of that you would not buy your child there first car when they come of age??? bull **** i would but would not be a BMW cause yeah they would ride it of, something small and cheep to run, you know the 500 cars just my 2 cents..

I think thats classed as a ward of the state.

I bought my first car 2000 CE Lancer. i Also bought my current car my olds are well off but you value things more if you work for them. so they didnt gift me one.