Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
it is true what they say "if u don't earn it u don't appreciate it". my dad and mum bought me my first car which was a 1997 vt s supercharged, i did take good care of it on the outside mainly coz i worked at a carwash at the time, but i thought i was invincible. i just got my license and was already trying to drift around every single corner, nearly died a couple of times in the rain, doing 360's nearly hitting poles, then one day smacked into a pole at 80km/h +, and broke a couple of my ribs and stuffed my bladder up, but i'm ok now thank god. i've learnt my lesson. every kid should earn his car with his own money......this is what i did to my car

from this
samssupervt-albums-my-vt-s-supcharged-1997-calais-supercharged-ii-1999-picture2278-my-baby.jpg

to this
samssupervt-albums-my-vt-s-supcharged-1997-calais-supercharged-ii-1999-picture2279-my-baby-dead.jpg

i am getting a new one soon - self earned this time

Hmmm bet that hurt a bit. Lets hope you do slow down some - may not be a pole next time:thumbsup:

doms3

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
My parents paid for my first car ,85 series 3 bluebird smick as had it for a couple of years then traded it on a vp commo and haven't looked back since

SamssuperVT

VT Calais L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 1999 Supercharged
Angry? Why? My parents didn't buy my first car? In fact they almost died when I come home with my first car which was an RX2 that I paid for myself. Again, it comes down to how you were raised, clearly you thought that if something is given to you that you don't have to respect it, that shows in your actions.

As for you now, well you had an accident, of course you will take it easy...for a little while. Guarantee though, after a little time, you won't change. Why would you?

Maybe because i don't have the money to buy a new car every year?...and maybe i thought about it and was very lucky that it was a pole instead of another car or a even a person, and maybe the pain the accident caused makes me not want to go through the same pain again ...maybe I've learned my lesson, but just maybe...like i said we will see what happens with my next car

rhysyvtss

chev badges for sale!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
y series r8 clubby, wicked vn
i paid and earnt my first car, left school began workin bought my first car gk sigma for 400 lol was awesome as one morning on way to work in the rain lost it into a pole and wrote it off then bought a honda accord 88 model for 400 which i gave to a mate 3 months later bcos the water pump blew and he wanted to fix it up and drive it. then bought a vn lexcen but the gearbox blew after another 3 months then got an ed futura for 1500 which was **** and boat like so i sold that to the mate with the honda's father, then picked up a vs exec which kept for 8 months or so then sold that for a vt exec and shortly after i found my vt ss which i got now and its th eonly one i got finianced for. and all of these cars i had to work my ass off for and had no help whatso ever to get.

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
i got my first car a vr v6 when i was 16, i paid half and me parents apid the other half, i payd it bak, but they helpd out with parts i needed.

then i brought a ute for work, i payd cash for that, and then sold the vr and lookin 2 by a weekender and im payin cash for that aswell...

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
People like this will trash anything they may eventually own(although there is a reason these type of deadbeats rent). My brother and sister both had their cars bought for them, my sister still has hers and it looks as good as the day it was bought 9 years ago.
Not treating something with respect regardless of who pays for it comes down to the upbringing of children and the success/failure of parents raising there children, nothing else.

Will have to agree to disagree. could simply be the difference in perspective between someone who paid their own way and someone who had it given to them - both are acceptable.
I do agree with the parenting bit. Parents need to 'loan' kids their first car if they insist on paying for it - not give it to them as 'theirs'. I don't know if it'll make any difference to some of the little tossers these days but if i borrow something from my parents it'll get absolute respect and be returned in a condition better than when i took it.

Hropic

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Vz Calais 190
Paid $3000 for my excel!
Was a decent car haha.
Good times.

Blood_For_Blood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Bought mine for $4000.
96 VS Acclaim Series 2 with 149,000 km's.